Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Sponsor HUK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Site Sponsor HUK

Folks, I am sure that most regulars here can figure out that Jason Hart and I are great friends, so this may come off as trying to help a friend make a buck. If that is your perception, it is going to cost you the opportunity to own some of the best clothing I have seen.

When I arrived home late last night my box of HUK goodies was waiting on me, and this stuff is great. Everyone I know who has put it on has come away impressed, and I'm with those folks.

Hart has worked awfully hard to build a good name in the outdoor industry, and he and his partners have gone about this thing the right way. It's easy to slap a Salt Life logo on a cheap Asian T shirt and make a few quick dollars. HUK is very quality gear, and it is great to see it take off. If Hart will get his butt out of the woods I'm sure Nomad will bring similar success.

Great job Hart, and if you boys haven't tried this stuff, you are making a mistake.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Who's got the white huked out truck in newington?
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

I totally agree, top notch gear and people.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    He's one of the partners on the bidness side I believe.

Strick, you ugly.

Where's huk made?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Where's huk made?
    bueller? always love supporting american produced companies! been seeing more and more of yall's stuff lately.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    That is our Director of Operations Brad Stubbs. He worked with me for years at Under Armour and we recruited him to help head up the back side of our business. He and his family are living in Newington. He is a truck nut and keeps his ride clean!
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    That is our Director of Operations Brad Stubbs. He worked with me for years at Under Armour and we recruited him to help head up the back side of our business. He and his family are living in Newington. He is a truck nut and keeps his ride clean!
    Cool! I live fairly close by. Figured it was someone on the inside! Good looking truck and clothes!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the material kind of the same stuff? I'm sorry to say, but I haven't tried any of the HUK gear yet but from what I can gather, it must be a pretty awesome product. I see a lot of guys on the BASS tour using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the material kind of the same stuff? I'm sorry to say, but I haven't tried any of the HUK gear yet but from what I can gather, it must be a pretty awesome product. I see a lot of guys on the BASS tour using it.
    This

Also how does it fit. I'm kind of a weird size. So without trying it on I'm reluctant to purchase on line.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post

Depending on the style, we have different performance fabrics similar to some of our competitors, but our graphic tees are in a Modal fabric that is different from what anyone in the fishing industry currently uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"

Depending on the style, we have different performance fabrics similar to some of our competitors, but our graphic tees are in a Modal fabric that is different from what anyone in the fishing industry currently uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you mind sharing your feature benefit talk on this different than anyone fabric? Maybe I'm late to the party. Not hating on you but the Huk items I've seen/held look and feel like every other sports hunting fishing performance piece I've held. I seriously would like to understand the competitive advantage of the merchandise. There's a ton of this stuff out there and other than some design pocket here or there features colors and logos I can't see a huge difference in any of it. Again Dont take it the wrong way. I'd just seriously like to know what makes HUK HUK other than a cool owner new logo BASS guys are wearing it etc. Tks.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I have a couple HUK t-shirts. Very comfortable stuff

I would be interested in a Black Camo Performance in XL if he really wants one put through the ringers. My under armour long sleeve camo skin is about worn out and torn to shreds from years of free diving and spearfishing.

HUK Looks like decent stuff and I know what you mean about cheap asian stuff, bought a replacement skin last year and can't even wear the damn thing its so freaking itchy, hopeh is stuff is made in USA can't find that on the webpage?

Hart you are missing a piece of the market pm me sometime about getting some skin stuff for free divers man! Ain't nothing worth a crap out there since under armour discontinued their camo line of thin stuff.

This was the best free diving skin but its about as rare as hensteeth.

Last edited by Strick9; 05-25-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

I wear that exact shirt as strick9 bow hunting early season. I have 2 and am very carefully with them!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

How is "huk" pronounced?

1. Hook
    2. Huke
    3. Huck

I have heard people say all three

"Hook"
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    How is "huk" pronounced?

1. Hook
    2. Huke
    3. Huck

I have heard people say all three
    Huk is the phonetic pronunciation in the dictionary of the work "HOOK". We looked up the word "Hook" in the dictionary and decided to name our brand on how in was pronounced!

The gear is pretty neat. I ordered a handful of shirts when they launched their site. A couple of things that need to improve. The short sleeve shirts pick really bad and by the time you wear one without shaving the collar looks terrible. The long sleeve performance shirts are extremely comfortable and hold up better. I wish them the best and look forward to watching them grow...

I would love to see them add a "tall" line. I picked up a hoodie at the Bassmaster Classic, and it is well made and comfortable to fish in on cooler mornings. My only complaint is that it barely reaches my waist line. I am 6'4" and it would be nice to see some of the outdoor brands offer a tall option.

I have only worn the long sleeve shirt and is is hands down betten that columbia or under armor. I will be buying more
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.