Thread: Loran #s

Default Loran #s

Is there a website that I could type in td numbers and it will give me the gps coordinates.
    867-5309

try this ,takes a little bit to learn it but it will get you close
    http://www.loran.org/ILAArchive/Othe...oordinates.htm
    I\'m going off to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please tell me where I\'ll be

Somebody found a log book with some good bottom numbers in it!
    TFC -"Be tough, or get tough!"

My Garmin GPS converts.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    My Garmin GPS converts.
    Yep!

Andren software works well too if you want to purchase it. I think it's around $85.

Each company that makes a gps uses there own algorithm for converting Loran to GPS. It's called phantom loran, it's fairly accurate, but you need to know offsets, especially bottom fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Assassin View Post
    Andren software works well too if you want to purchase it. I think it's around $85.
    Yep, you can get the Andren software and Maps Unique electronic charts. Add numbers and Loran coordinates on it. Then save the to a SD card and import them into your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    Each company that makes a gps uses there own algorithm for converting Loran to GPS. It's called phantom loran, it's fairly accurate, but you need to know offsets, especially bottom fishing.
    And this too. If you have the baseline it'll be dang close.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I got a book and a old EZ-7 that will cost you money but it can be bought. Just saying
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Send them to me.

I'll convert them for you.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Come get your table and chairs and bring cash and we talk about it. BAWWWWWWaz
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by slowiedawg View Post
    Somebody found a log book with some good bottom numbers in it!
    Hell yeah, how about spreading the love? Send them to me, I will convert them for you. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I was given some Loran numbers a while back and found the spot by gridding the area off since I didn't have the baseline but using the phantom Loran on my old Raymarine. The area around those numbers is littered with tons of live bottom, ledges and structure. We catch a lot of bottom fish on those spots. Every time we head out there, we find new spots. We've probably marked 60 spots off those numbers, some big and some small.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-04-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yep, I got a bunch of small spots from 90' to 120'