Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: General Motors active fuel management.

Bump.
    More fuel = more boost!!

All you boys with Chevys better go see kev to get this DOD/AFM cut off....

I really want to take the wife's Tahoe down there. It's performance sucks and is so sluggish off the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

I just got mine deleted from Kevin this afternoon. As particular as I can be at things.... I could tell a HUGE difference on how the truck drives going down I20 on the way home. Drives so much better and got the same exact MPG I got on the way down there.... I set it on the way there and reset on the way back and was literally the same. AFM is a joke and I recommend anyone who plans on keeping a vehicle for years to go see Kevin. Great guy and knows what the hell he's doing and talking about. It's crazy to not spend the little money now to possibly save a couple thousand dollar repair in the future. Thanks again, Kevin.

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Quote Originally Posted by carolinawaterfowler View Post
    I just got mine deleted from Kevin this afternoon. As particular as I can be at things.... I could tell a HUGE difference on how the truck drives going down I20 on the way home. Drives so much better and got the same exact MPG I got on the way down there.... I set it on the way there and reset on the way back and was literally the same. AFM is a joke and I recommend anyone who plans on keeping a vehicle for years to go see Kevin. Great guy and knows what the hell he's doing and talking about. It's crazy to not spend the little money now to possibly save a couple thousand dollar repair in the future. Thanks again, Kevin.
    Thank you! Your truck was or is the lowest mileage I've done so far. Thank you for the feedback!
    More fuel = more boost!!

So took my truck to KRT today and he turned off my fuel management. Great service great folks. Thanks again.

Nice meeting you!!
    More fuel = more boost!!

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7 liter HEMI 129,042 been in the truck 31 months

Check engine Light came on last Tuesday getting on interstate stutter and had no power. Took it to dealership and it needs a new camshaft and lifters but with my new truck scheduled to be here within a month not repairing it.

Guys if you haven't seen KRT to get the DOD deleted you need to do it.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Is it standard on the 2015 Suburban? How long's it take?
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-06-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Is it standard on the 2015 Suburban? How long's it take?
    probably standard on the 15

KRT says under an hour in previous posts
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Okay... in the interest of not hearing/reading the same thing over and over again, let me break this down for you fools.

KRT is offering a service to remove a widely known issue from Mopar and GM DOD/Cyl. Mgmt. systems. This engine management functionality (ironic word choice, I know) is detrimental to your valve train. It's a fact.

He is offering this service for $200.

A new motor will run you ~$6k installed and a repair almost $4k.

Just go see him (or someone else) and have the DOD disabled. it's not rocket science. It's the cheapest insurance you will ever buy.

If you've already done damage, this will ensure you do no more. If you haven't done any damage, this will ensure that there will never be any outside of normal wear.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Best 200.00 you can spend

Dodge Hemi's have same issue just not as bad.

I need 30 minutes of your time.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Lost my engine in my 2007 GMC due to this same issue. 140k miles. Repairs TBD, getting a second opinion now. Will definitely be getting the delete on the new to me purchase.

Bring it to me. I'll fix it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

hit 180k this week....still only uses 3/4 qt at 3,000 miles, but it's starting to have the tick and slight knock....i'm going to run this into the ground and swap out for 6.0 or 6.2 when the time comes

krt love fest
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Could changing your oil more often help prevent the damage? Just reading through the thread and got to thinking about it. May not, but was curious. I personally change my oil around 3,000 - 3,500 miles, 40-50% oil life if going by the reader, like we used to do instead of the 5,000 - 7,000 recommended today. Would going to a 10W - 30 and changing more often possibly prevent the issue? Just curious on your opinion of that.

My truck does not have the AFM as I am a believer of the less extra things on a truck the less problems you will have.
    Last edited by davisd9; 09-01-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Could changing your oil more often help prevent the damage? Just reading through the thread and got to thinking about it. May not, but was curious. I personally change my oil around 3,000 - 3,500 miles, 40-50% oil life if going by the reader, like we used to do instead of the 5,000 - 7,000 recommended today. Would going to a 10W - 30 and changing more often possibly prevent the issue? Just curious on your opinion of that.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Nope

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Solenoids shut off oil pressure to the lifters. Doesn't matter what quality of oil you have cause none of it is lubricating moving parts.