Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 14th Annual Sparkleberry Duck Run (JUNE 6, 2015)

hashtagtargetrichforJehovah
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    As it sits now:
    Station 1. ( mouth of broadwater in river) Man down/Goincoastal
    Station 2. ( campsite at broadwater and otter flat) Cut em/Triplebeard
    Station 3. ( Risers lake/dead river)
    Station 4. ( 4x4 post at mill creek and otter flat)
    Station 5. ( Sparkleberry Lake on other side of tiller ridge)
    Now that is interesting. Keeps the idiots off the river. Better fuel up the chopper there will be some lost bastards in there Saturday night trying to find the cut to Packs. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

you will leave packs and run river to mouth of broadwater and enter swamp there.

Basically, the goal is to have people closer to packs at the end of the run and hopefully cut down on the bottlenecks in some of the tighter places in otter. Instead of a bunch of drunks running WOT down the river, they can idle back to packs from tiller ridge. Hopefully making it a little safer.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

So if anyone is running the old route, they are not participating. Feel free to sink them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Thought I had Riser's again? Broadwater works, too!

Sorry tb. Ill edit that. Brain fart
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Also, going up the river for the initial run will help spread boats out and help prevent the initial bottleneck.

When in the creeks, please keep moving and or let people pass you. In a lot of places people can't pass unless you are considerate and let them pass. You may be the overtaken vessel and have the right of way but then there is matter of consideration.
    Last edited by rp; 05-16-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Still need runners for 4 and 5

Phone Man, RP's nephew is said to be running a station.....per RP!
    Last edited by Bride~of~Chucky; 05-17-2015 at 01:10 PM.

"Forgive those that insult you, attack you , belittle you or take you for granted....But more than this forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you!"

already changed that on list. he has station 2

By the way BOC, isn't this the 14th annual??
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Now that is interesting. Keeps the idiots off the river. Better fuel up the chopper there will be some lost bastards in there Saturday night trying to find the cut to Packs. MG
    And some tore up lower units. Hope folks don't get brave and try to run it back to the hill

I like this route much better, though
    Last edited by MDman; 05-19-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

RP, you are correct, it is the 14th Annual! Sorry I jumped ahead a year!!!
    Last edited by Bride~of~Chucky; 05-19-2015 at 11:37 AM.

"Forgive those that insult you, attack you , belittle you or take you for granted....But more than this forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you!"

Are the pre register forms available online anywhere or Facebook?
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

We doing shirts again this year?
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Hope you have some new FWF camo hats too. Mine from last year is about done for. Need a new one.
    E T

This route is much better. There are not as many forks in the road in which to take a wrong turn. I made it the other week myself without getting lost and the water was really high. Did have one mishap with some branches that I would have normally been below coming out of a hair pin turn on plane.
    There should be no mad dash back to Pack's if everyone acts with due diligence, shows courtesy and keeps the flow moving. If you want to stop and take in the swamp while having a little party, find an area off the main trail. Not in the smallest bottle neck in the swamp. I'm all for having a good time, I'm sure to be, but we need to keep in mind the goal here. A safe event to help support the future of the sport we all love. I would hate to know that someone lost that right due to someone's stupid actions in the swamp.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    you will leave packs and run river to mouth of broadwater and enter swamp there.

Basically, the goal is to have people closer to packs at the end of the run and hopefully cut down on the bottlenecks in some of the tighter places in otter. Instead of a bunch of drunks running WOT down the river, they can idle back to packs from tiller ridge. Hopefully making it a little safer.
    I wonder how many will go up Swift Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I wonder how many will go up Swift Creek.
    That is why the station is at the mouth. If a dumbass doesn't realize there is no station stop, best of luck to him the remainder of the route.

rp no response in form of text yet hook me up tomorrow so I can get this behind me