Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 inchers???

Default 20 inchers???

Anybody caught any 20 inchers yet this year? Flounder. Im talkin bout rod and reel, not that gigging bullshit! Biggest I've caught has been 19. I had a big mamma to the boat but she broke through the leader as I was trying to scoop her with the net!

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

You had a leader, a net, and u still lost the fish....maybe you should look into that giggin bullshit for more success.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I'll let you know Saturday if weather permits. I also have a rendezvous with some extra healthy trout.
    867-5309

Mono leader...gigging needs to be outlawed! That is the biggest bitch way to catch fish ever! If you can't catch em with a rod and reel stay at home playing video games! If they
    Gonna allow gigging for flounder they might as well allow turkey hunting with rifles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Mono leader...gigging needs to be outlawed! That is the biggest bitch way to catch fish ever! If you can't catch em with a rod and reel stay at home playing video games! If they
    Gonna allow gigging for flounder they might as well allow turkey hunting with rifles!
    Really? This coming from you... Do we need to go back through some of your recent posts?

I'll gig a flounder in a heart beat, they taste delicious. I enjoy catching them on a rod as well.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

You just might be the dumbest human being I've ever seen.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Yall lil frat boys on here think goin out at night with lights and filling the cooler up with flounder makes you a badass. People gig em bc they don't know how to catch them on a rod. I have much more respect for the species than to do that. Fifty plus years ago, gigging would have been ok since there weren't as many people chasing them. If everybody gigged they would wipe them out!

Yea, gigging is unsportsmanlike but hiding a hook in their food is manly and requires skill.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Thank you....I knew unlike 20 inch flounders in Cottons boat, he would take the bait....
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I think Cottontop is Tater.

People gig em bc they don't know how to catch them on a rod.
    People gig them because it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I have thought that for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

No gigging flounder on the Carolina coast? Say what?

Would it be ok if we still set crab traps?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I don't think so. Cotton sent me a pm a while back about donating some rabbits for a wild game supper we had at church. I never got the rabbits, and that is something that Tater wouldn't have done. That is to just not say anything else about it. I think Tater would've at least told me that it wasn't going to work out this time, and not left me hanging to wonder what was going on.

#FREETATER!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I don't think so. Cotton sent me a pm a while back about donating some rabbits for a wild game supper we had at church. I never got the rabbits, and that is something that Tater wouldn't have done. That is to just not say anything else about it. I think Tater would've at least told me that it wasn't going to work out this time, and not left me hanging to wonder what was going on.

#FREETATER!
    We live in opposite ends of the state. I told you if I got to go down there I would bring you some. You never said if you came up my way any. PM's work both ways. I would have been happy to donate for a good cause, just never made it down that way before you needed them.

hmmmmmm
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

caught 2 over 20"s Saturday. Some of us know what we are doing and some of us are Yankee cock suckers.

I also gig anything and everything else that is legal and presents the opportunity. I do this because it is legal and I like killing shit with a spear.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I like killing shit with a spear.
    Touche
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    caught 2 over 20"s Saturday. Some of us know what we are doing and some of us are Yankee cock suckers.

I also gig anything and everything else that is legal and presents the opportunity. I do this because it is legal and I like killing shit with a spear.
    I'm sure it is fun, but I don't see the need to go out and fill your box up with your 20 fish every Friday night. I mean, there will be people trying to fish that bank the next day during the day light and I'm sure that raping the bank with a gig will have an impact on the rod and reel fisherman. Those gingers that go get 5 to ten per boat every once in a while if they need meat I'm cool with, but those that go bank raping every weekend and get their 20 each time, that bs!

You need to keep your ass in the upstate.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton