Thread: Older Mako

Default Older Mako

While in Florida last weekend I unfortunately signed over the title to my old fishing boat. Figured I'd put up some pics for some of the guys that like classic fishing boats.
    I bought this boat at 16 and put every penny I earned into it. It's fished back canal dock lights all the way out to into the gulf. I can't begin to count all the fish it has caught from Tampa Bay down to Boca Grande.
    It was by far the best riding center console I've been in although not the fastest as it weighed in like a tank. It was the biggest feeling 20ft boat I've been in.

Anyone else on here own one of the older ones?

'93 mako 201 (last good year)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love that boat, and I've fished out of a few old ones.

Had a '74 19ft. when I was living in Georgetown in the late 70's. Navigated by RDF and compass all the way to 18 miles out. Lots of good memories made on that boat.
    Since JM bought the Co. I think they have gone downhill . It was a battlewagon.

That ol girl is as good as it gets! Sure wish it had been In the trading post, looking for a new toy right now!

My old 73 before i put a newer 250 on it.

Nice boat.

I'll be honest, I'd have a hard time parting with that.

Very Nice rig. What you getting now?

Sweet. That's a nice rig. My last boat was a classic 223wa and i loved it but my wife hated it. She won, it was sold and I got back into a cc.

That's a good looking boat. Good work, you got good use out of it, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

96 was the last year of the tanks. The Shwebke(SP) family sold out after Andrew destroyed the Florida plant. They stayed on in a consulting role but left after the boats were cheaped out.

I had a 95 262, basically a 241 with a euro transom. She was a heavy bitch, sucked fuel and rode like a dream when you got her trimmed out. Sold it because I wanted fuel efficiency and less maintenance headaches. I miss it sometimes but not when fuel up time comes. My fuel bill Sunday to the GTH with 4 guys on the boat was $173.56, in the Mako it would have been close to $400.00
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-06-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

1970 20SF SeaCraft.........
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    1970 20SF SeaCraft.........
    Potter isn't it?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yessir...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE