Thread: Releases

Default Releases

I have had a Tru-fire split-fire release for 7-8 years now. I had to buy it one weekend when I realized I had forgotten my release back at home. It was 15 bucks or so and the box was faded with 2 inches of dust sitting on it, I figured id hate it, it being so cheap but I've come to love it and killed every deer I've killed with a bow with it. Fast forward to this weekend I was in Birmingham for the deer expo and I decided id buy a Scott release, I've always heard pretty good things about them and my brother loves his. I got the Scott for a pretty good price. I went to shoot today and started with the Scott and my first arrow missed the target. About 12in to the left. I luckily found my arrow and shot another one, this time barely catching the target(about an inch from missing completely again.) So I go and get the Trufire and start putting them dead center again. Does anyone believe a release can mess with your aiming that much or is it cause I'm not used to a new release and a different feel when I anchor it at my ear?

That being said I will probably just stick with the Trufire again this season and give the Scott to my brother as a back up.
    And does Trufire still make the splitfire?

You're anchor point is off with the new release. Move in close and start practicing it will just take time

If you went from a wrist style release to a thumb release yes your anchor point will be way different
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-19-2015 at 10:18 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

10-4 I started at 20 and moved in to 10 after i was off that much at 20. And still wasn't dead on about 3-4in to the left at 10, which is pathetic to me.

Takes times. Got to relearn the muscle memory. It's almost like starting over with a whole new setup.

Get your anchor point consistent to where you are grouping your arrows tight like you like them. Don't worry about where you are hitting the target at get consistent, then move the sight
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?