Thread: Bucks using minerals!

Default Bucks using minerals!

Can't be Cottontop's place, those'd be culled.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That one on the right looks like it has a 20 foot single prong horn. Definitely cull that bass turd.

I don't think he the same guy. Could be related?

id bust his ass if i saw him

What have you got mixed up in that drum? I might like to go that route instead of mineral blocks if it makes more sense.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

dicalcium phosphate.
    Hi mag/Hi phos
    trace mineral salt
    splash of dried molasses

The drum is the bottom or top of a 55 gallon drum. We drilled 1" holes all the way around the bottom. This allows the water to flow out and some of the mix too. The deer will dig the ground up around the drum eating the infected dirt as well as eat strait out of the host drum.

I put them lout middle of december every year.

In or around the first of june I will freshen the mix up with a 40 lbs bag of feed lot salt to keep them using it through the end of the summer, and the bucks keep shoveling in the calcium & phosphorous.

is it better than the blocks in my opinion yes.

Why? I can control the purity of the ingredients and it is loose thus more product is consumed with each lick verses a traditional block.

Does it cost more in money and in effort to dispense yes.

This will be my 3rd year running this mix. I can definitely see a difference. I know the bucks like part of the ingredients on there own the hi mag hi phos.

Every Feb-April before we started putting the minerals on the outside we kept having to fix our cattle fence where bucks were tearing up the fence to get to the mineral site for the cows.