I thought this was a good story.

http://www.wltx.com/story/sports/nca...****/70690214/

COLUMBIA, SC (WLTX)- Last summer a University of South Carolina freshman was just weeks away from fulfilling her dream of cheering for the Gamecocks when a horrible accident changed her life.

When Jessie ******* made the team her freshman year, she says all her dreams had come true.

She was driving to practice early on August 4th when she fell asleep at the wheel. Her car flipped off a bridge and crashed upside down on the highway below.

"Those couple of minutes are what I remember, what I'm going to remember for the rest of my life," she said.

She would also remember the minutes to follow.

"Within seconds, a guy was at my window. And thankfully my window was down, he reached in, and held my hand and prayed with me," she said. "And I just kept screaming 'help me Lord, please help me get through this.' And he just held my hand. all I wanted to do was take off my seat belt, that's all I really wanted."

But the man wouldn't let her touch the seat belt.

"I remember him holding my hands and just saying don't, don't do that," she said. "I found out later that if I had taken off my seat belt I definitely would have been paralyzed for the rest of my life."

******* says once emergency responders arrived to airlift her to the hospital the man vanished from the scene and from her life.

His information is not in any of the reports, his face isn't in any of the pictures, and she never got his name.

"That guy, he saved my life," ******* said. "I have't been able to contact him, I've tried, I've called EMS services, I've called the police, trying to get his name just to say thank you, you're the reason I'm walking, you're the reason I'm going to be able to live out my dream, and eventually cheer again and do everything I've always wanted to do."

She says she'll never give up looking for him, and until she learns his real name, she'll continue to refer to him as her guardian angel.

"I do have this picture in my head of what he looks like and our conversation and everything," she said. "He's somebody I will never forget. Even if I never speak to him again, I will never forget him. I will never forget the impact he had on my entire life. I honestly think that he's a gift from God."

And now that the broken bones have healed, the bruises have gone, and scars from multiple surgeries have faded, she is back to chasing her dream.

Thanks to the comfort of a stranger she may never see again, ******* is once again standing with her team, taller than ever.

"I was 3 weeks away from it. Everything I had ever wanted was to stand in that field and look around and see 80 thousand people," she said. "That's just everything to me. So I can't wait for that day to come."

That day may be soon.Jessie is now attending practices again and is working with the University's athletic trainers.

She says she hopes to finally be standing on that football field cheering on the gamecocks this upcoming season.

If you have any information about who Jessie's mystery hero is, contact us.