Thread: Need a good bank

Default Need a good bank

Who have yall used for a used boat loan? I'm technically in NC but moving more into SC soon. I've tried a few but one will only finance new, the other only has a 2yr loan for used.

Any options based on experience?

Banks are evil, debt is terrible and Credit Cards are the Devil.

I think that covers it.

So, you are in Calabash?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by coasthuntr View Post
    Who have yall used for a used boat loan? I'm technically in NC but moving more into SC soon. I've tried a few but one will only finance new, the other only has a 2yr loan for used.

Any options based on experience?
    Where are you gonna be? If your around York, Chester, or Lancaster county try founders credit union.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

USAA member?

Georgetown or Williamsburg use Gtown Kraft Credit Union. Depending on the amount Scott Boat Loans, call Carol Braswell in SC.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Banks are evil, debt is terrible and Credit Cards are the Devil.

I think that covers it.
    Yep. Save up and buy in cash. You'll probably get a better deal on the boat if you pay in cash anyways.
    :FYT:

Haha yes banks are the devil but I've seen 4-5% loan rates on $10-$20k new boat purchases so why not spread it out a little. I'm not buying from a dealer so it scratches that route. Maybe ill pay it off early, maybe I wont. I'm not sure where ill be, Horry or Georgetown.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    Yep. Save up and buy in cash. You'll probably get a better deal on the boat if you pay in cash anyways.
    Just the opposite. Dealers want you to finance through their lender. There is more in it for them that way. Back in the old days, cash talked. Not anymore, to much reporting has to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

If you are in Georgetown, do as Salty said.....Georgetown Kraft. They are great to work with. I get where the "debt is evil crowd is coming from", but I just don't see the practicality in saving up until you can purchase big items in cash. Was I suppose to give my wife a piece of shit car to cart my 15 month old twins around in?

Also I love it when people ask if there is a cash discount? What the hell else are you going to pay in? Obviously no one would take a personal check, but why would cash be any different than a cashier's check?

Haha very true

Georgetown Kraft Credit Union.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Also I love it when people ask if there is a cash discount? What the hell else are you going to pay in? Obviously no one would take a personal check, but why would cash be any different than a cashier's check?
    Some people will try to hide it, also there's a charge for using credit cards to the retailer.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-02-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Some people will try to hide it, also there's a charge for using credit cards to the retailer.
    I knew an old guy that bought a 30 foot Scarab on his American Express because the dealer wouldn't take cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I was talking about big ticket items. I still have issue with retailers charging more to use cards. It's a cost of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I knew an old guy that bought a 30 foot Scarab on his American Express because the dealer wouldn't take cash.
    Bet he got a night or two free at a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    If you are in Georgetown, do as Salty said.....Georgetown Kraft. They are great to work with. I get where the "debt is evil crowd is coming from", but I just don't see the practicality in saving up until you can purchase big items in cash. Was I suppose to give my wife a piece of shit car to cart my 15 month old twins around in?
    There's a difference between financing a vehicle, paying cash for a reliable vehicle that will "cart your 15 month old twins around in", and buying a piece of shit. There's ways of saving up enough money to pay cash for a reliable vehicle without having to rely on a bank to give you money to buy something you can't afford.
    :FYT:

Some of you are awful money managers....
    Many of y'all must live in shantys and drive yugos.
    Many times I can make my money earn more financing than paying cash.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    There's a difference between financing a vehicle, paying cash for a reliable vehicle that will "cart your 15 month old twins around in", and buying a piece of shit. There's ways of saving up enough money to pay cash for a reliable vehicle without having to rely on a bank to give you money to buy something you can't afford.
    Maybe. But after shelling out money for in vitro and being told that the one baby we were having was actually twins, didn't leave me much choice. That money saved up was gone. So get off your high horse there cheif. That old pathfinder with 165k plus on it wasn't going to cut it. I afford it quite easily as well. Just didn't feel like waiting until my kids were 4 to put them in a safe car aight the room we need.