Thread: Black lab puppies...

Default Black lab puppies...

I'm trying to get my dad a pup for Christmas. His ten year old passed away a month ago, so trying to get him a fresh start. Anyone know where I can get one under $500? Not familiar with many kennels around here.

I'm sure he has but has he mentioned wanting another one yet?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I haven't asked, was gonna surpise him. He's had a lab for as long as I've been alive.... So I'm gonna get him another one.

Shoot HuntinCosta a PM. I'm sure he will be able to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Yeah text or call me 8036082252
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Deal with costa didn't work out..... Any other ideas fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I'm sure he has but has he mentioned wanting another one yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinawaterfowler View Post
    I haven't asked, was gonna surpise him. He's had a lab for as long as I've been alive.... So I'm gonna get him another one.

I think it's great that this is what you want to do for your dad but I'd advise you to slow down and make sure that he wants another dog right now.
    I got my 1st Lab in 1983. On my 3rd one now. I'd certainly appreciate the gesture if my son bought me a pup but at the same time I'd have to say that I would want to take a little more than a month or so before I got another one. I would appreciate the gift of a good dog but I'd much rather be involved in selecting the puppy. There's something about picking "your pup" from the litter.
    Good luck either way you decide to go.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 12-19-2014 at 11:26 AM.

I agree with ya scatter.... But my mom mentioned something to him last week about "they" should get another dog cause things weren't the same around there. She said, he said something like when they can get some free time, they could start looking again and never seemed like he was opposed to it.

I agree with ya scatter.... But my mom mentioned something to him last week about "they" should get another dog cause things weren't the same around there. She said, he said something like when they can get some free time, they could start looking again and never seemed like he was opposed to it.
    You know your old man better than anybody on here....if you think he would like it do it. It would mean a lot to me if my son took the time and effort to do something like that for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

I would have some litters lined up that he can look at and maybe just wrap up a picture of the litter or the parents or something like that. My cousins bought my uncle a dog last year for Christmas and while he had been talking about getting another lab for a couple of years he wanted to get one from a certain kennel. Well they went to some off the wall kennel that wasn't anything close to what he was looking at and bought an idiot of a dog that hes stuck with for another 12 or so years so he'll probably never be able to get the dog he had been wanting.

Another thing is I wouldn't want someone picking out a dog for me. I would want to go look at the pups myself and see the parents and everything.

I dont know your situation but these are just some things to consider.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    You know your old man better than anybody on here....if you think he would like it do it. It would mean a lot to me if my son took the time and effort to do something like that for me.

This is the correct response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Thanks for feedback fellas.... Still ain't put my hands on one yet.... But may have something in works.