Thread: Trailer bunk guides

Default Trailer bunk guides

Bought a used boat recently, has some kind of guides on the trailer bunks instead of carpet. Anybody have experience with these? I can't hardly load the boat by myself, boat slides off no matter how steep the ramp. Also, was wondering if you see any damage to the bottom of the boat from these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Otter 1200 View Post
    Bought a used boat recently, has some kind of guides on the trailer bunks instead of carpet. Anybody have experience with these? I can't hardly load the boat by myself, boat slides off no matter how steep the ramp. Also, was wondering if you see any damage to the bottom of the boat from these things?

As in rollers?

Not rollers, it's some kind of plastic strips mounted on the standard 2x4 bunks. I found something on the net called Slikums that look like it. I actually have to leave the boat in gear (which is dangerous to me) just to be able to hook the winch strap. Boat is aluminum 15' foot.

Wonder if you can just unscrew them?

Just cover em in carpet. Go to any flooring store and ask for their scraps. They may give you carpet for free.
    Go Tigers!!!

Sounds like Teflon. Had a friend that had some of them on the trailer guides. Boat slid right when unloading. If they are the problem remove em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft