Thread: Whirlpool washer quit on me

Default Whirlpool washer quit on me

Don't really feel like dropping coin on new appliances, especially during the holiday season so this is what I got....the lid switch went out on me 2 weeks ago replaced it and machine went back to working. Did the same thing this afternoon. It fills with water but won't continue to cycle. Tested the lid switch and it is not functioning so I tried to bypass the switch with a short wire and it still will not cycle. Tested power at the wall and to the wiring harness and everything looked okay. Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just replaced the lid lock on mine. Is it putting a code on the display? Mine acts up sometimes when my wife overloads it and I will unplug the power cord. It resets it and works most of the time

No mine doesn't have a display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hhgregg loves selling new ones for 18 months same as cash. Don't go getting a 1500 dollar washer thinking you'll be able to afford it over that long. But just go get you a new one
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Could be the timer
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"