Thread: Trapping hogs at SRS

Default Trapping hogs at SRS

So I'm trucking down hwy125 between allendale and Jackson on the way home from Disney world. I underestimate my fuel and break down in the middle of SRS property. Sucked ass, pissed off wife and kids, blah, blah....anyway, wackenhut pulls over to assist me and while waiting for someone to bring fuel, we see a few hogs run across the road just in front of us. That brought up some trapping stories he shared with me out there. He said the guys who trap get $45 a pig and most trap between 14-17 a day. They only trap on Saturdays and Sundays. Pigs are shot and taken to ecology lab where they dispose of them. I asked about how to get involved in doing so and he acted like it was a simple online application. That's a decent little side gig getting to play in the woods for a few days a week! Anyone here do such at SRS?

And he said traps cannot stay overnight and dogs can't be used. That's pretty strong to get 14-17 during the day.

Sounds like that Wackenhut was off a lil but on his info. I have a co-worker ( at SRS) who has the contract. Btw, they do use dogs and the traps can stay overnight too. At least this was the info I was told by him.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Sounds like that Wackenhut was off a lil but on his info. I have a co-worker ( at SRS) who has the contract. Btw, they do use dogs and the traps can stay overnight too. At least this was the info I was told by him.
    Sounds like guy at wackenhut told me a bunch of honky donkey BS then.

There are actually 3 different guys that have the contracts and I think they can have 3 people besides them on each contract.

Yea, that dude is full of shit.

Dogs are full force out there. The price paid depends on the size hog. The dogger only take a part of the hog to be checked for diseases.
    Windows Down!