Thread: HOOYMAN

Default HOOYMAN

Does anybody have one, pro, cons.. I want one bad

I've been tempted, I've heard they are as good as advertised.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

My brother in law has one. I have used it a good bit. It is nice and compact. Blade is kinda short makes it tough when you are cutting higher branches but all in all a good product.

Haven't used the Hooyman but a guy at the club has the Fiskars version and it seems to work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I've been tempted, I've heard they are as good as advertised.....
    Same here.

I bought a Fiskers brand one from Sears on sale last Christmas- it is awesome, quick, sharp, cheap, light. Not as compact as the Hooyman, but not as expensive either.
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Same here.

You mean you can't reach?
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by the conservative View Post
    i bought a fiskers brand one from sears on sale last christmas- it is awesome, quick, sharp, cheap, light. Not as compact as the hooyman, but not as expensive either.
    that is what makes the hooyman so nice ,, its compact. Looks like you can just chunk it in your backpack. I found them online for $79.00. Might just go ahead and pick one up.

www2.fiskars.com/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Products/Tree-Pruners-and-Saws/Compact-Extendable-Pruning-Saw-3-8#.VEpdOImCPCQ

Is the one I have, it's 3' but expands to 8'. I just strap it to the outside of my pack
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

I have one and its a great saw. Easy to pack for OOS trips.

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    You mean you can't reach?
    I can reach your throat...

And I can out run you.

I have 2. One messed up and (the pieces kept coming apart instead extending to a certain point) I emailed them and they said send it back. Got a new one less than a week later. It is definitely a handy little tool that we use extensively when setting up new stands or moving stands. And it's easier to carry around than a pole saw. And if u want u can throw it in ur pack but I leave it in the toolbox usually.

It is worth the money. The retractable arm is strudy but the blade is kind of flimsy for the cost, imo. There is another company now making an all aluminum version if weight is issue. That one limb just out of reach will no longer be a problem.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 10-24-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Someone used to make one that was threaded like a paint roller handle....THAT'S what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    www2.fiskars.com/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Products/Tree-Pruners-and-Saws/Compact-Extendable-Pruning-Saw-3-8#.VEpdOImCPCQ

Is the one I have, it's 3' but expands to 8'. I just strap it to the outside of my pack
    NOT TOO SHABBY

They are $50 at Simpsons in sumter stump.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Someone used to make one that was threaded like a paint roller handle....THAT'S what I want.
    I had one of those and lost it hunting in Nebraska. Replaced it with a Hooyman. The Hooyman is a better saw hands down IMO. Plus you get the added bonus of about 4ft on the reach.

And when i add my threaded ext pole i get the added bonus of 12'.