Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The one that got away last Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

Invest in some PODS since you don't have time to dedicate to the recovery of your game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Nice wood goat.

Shit happens.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat8991 View Post
    Mean to tell me you haven't one time have gone hunting before you had something you had to do?
    Sure I have. Difference is that my plans would have changed if I had hit a deer like that. WE have an obligation as ETHICAL hunters to recover the game that we shoot. Cant abide by that, then get your meat from BI-LO.
    Gun control means using both hands!<br />They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DEERSTLKR View Post
    Sure I have. Difference is that my plans would have changed if I had hit a deer like that. WE have an obligation as ETHICAL hunters to recover the game that we shoot. Cant abide by that, then get your meat from BI-LO.
    So had it been a slick head it would have been ok? So how much more time should he have spent looking for a deer with a rack as apposed to a slick head. What if it would have been a cow horn, that throws a wrench into the mathematics I bet.

Word

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    So had it been a slick head it would have been ok? So how much more time should he have spent looking for a deer with a rack as apposed to a slick head. What if it would have been a cow horn, that throws a wrench into the mathematics I bet.
    Deer like that=bad hit. I don't care if it was a yearling. You need to do everything you can to recover.
    Gun control means using both hands!<br />They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

Nothing like some internet badasses
    Windows Down!

I don't know that anyone is being an internet badass here. Seems to me that people are expressing their opinions regarding the ethical decision, or lack thereof, made by some guy who left a buck to rot because he didn't find the time to properly search for it, and then posted his "trophy" with said explanation on the internet. Don't see any bad asses or anyone trying to act like one. Yet.
    Carolina Counsel

Look on the bright side....still can get you a good Euro mount

Quote Originally Posted by L C Hillbilly View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have something to do or not. You make time to look. You can always sacrifice sleep. This deer lost his life for nothing.
    Shit happens he looked for it it gave it time. If you wanna talk about that then maybe we all should stop driving. How many deer get hit and meat goes to east. Its a deer it happens. Ive had it happen and I know pleny other cases. But saying he shouldn't of went hunting because he had to work the next day is dumb.

Had I have known that when I got to work the next morning I was going to have the problems that I had I would have gone back after midnight. My intentions were to go back after I got everyone started, but had one guy call in sick and some other problems when I got there. I am not happy about wasting the meat, but had I bumped this deer one more time he would have hit the swamp and there would have been no hope of finding him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scducks c/o2010

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat8991 View Post
    Shit happens he looked for it it gave it time. If you wanna talk about that then maybe we all should stop driving. How many deer get hit and meat goes to east. Its a deer it happens. Ive had it happen and I know pleny other cases. But saying he shouldn't of went hunting because he had to work the next day is dumb.
    He shot it on Sunday. He found it 6 DAYS later after a 5 minute search. Him having to work the next day is not the problem.

By lunch time the next day the meat was no good so why take off work to look for horns?

scducks c/o2010

Quote Originally Posted by duckjunkie85 View Post
    By lunch time the next day the meat was no good so why take off work to look for horns?

Quit defending yourself. It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by DEERSTLKR View Post
    He shot it on Sunday. He found it 6 DAYS later after a 5 minute search. Him having to work the next day is not the problem.

6 days later was when I got a chance to go, between work and having to carry my son to the er to have the back of his head stitched up then the following day spent at the children's hospital in Columbia having An MRI done. Maybe some of the self righteous aholes on this site should consider that there might be some circumstances that they are not aware of!

scducks c/o2010

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Quit defending yourself. It's over.

Some people have jobs and other things going on that are more important than a deer.

scducks c/o2010

Man do your thing and let the arrows fly. You can't find them all. You had to work and shit to do... So what keep killing and looking... Lol shit happens

Some people have jobs and other things going on that are more important than a deer.

I didn't say you didn't. I'm actually on your side with this. You did what you could in my eyes. I ain't hatin'. Stuff happens.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 10-19-2014 at 08:38 PM.

great deer with the bow...you can still get him mounted