Thread: M2 hanging up

Default M2 hanging up

Has anyone with the M2 had problems with it hanging up in cold weather? If so does the sure cycle replacement system work? Thanks
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

you must have cleaned it. they work better when they are full of mud
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

How does it hang up exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by mcduckin View Post
    How does it hang up exactly?
    It won't eject. When you put a shell in the chamber the breach closes real slow too.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

The rails are dirty.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

That or check the spring in the butt..they will rust and do that.. had a browning do that with me.. never had the issue with my see but I think they don't put stainless springs in them from factory

Check recoil spring for too much oil. It will gel up when it's cold and turn it into a single shot.

how does the action cycle with no shells in the gun? if it runs smooth empty, it could be as simple as a dirty breech.

Clean and lube the inside rails. Pull the recoil spring tube out of the butt and clean it really good. If it's rusted replace it with a sure cycle, but know you will still need to clean yours out on occasion no matter what. About once a season does the trick. Also, be aware that over oiling the gun can cause issues. I like to use froglube clp, it performs well in cold weather.

Ok thanks for all the advice. I'll break it down tonight and see what the deal is.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Clean and lube the inside rails. Pull the recoil spring tube out of the butt and clean it really good. If it's rusted replace it with a sure cycle, but know you will still need to clean yours out on occasion no matter what. About once a season does the trick. Also, be aware that over oiling the gun can cause issues. I like to use froglube clp, it performs well in cold weather.
    This! A Benelli needs a little lube on the side rails. Don't overdo it. Just clean the rails and the bolt and add CLP applied with a Qtip. As mentioned the recoil spring needs occasional cleaning and light lubing too.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Let's be honest. M2's are finicky crap that people bought when M1 owners proved that those guns were flawless.

Ditch that junk and get you something reliable...

I've only had one shell not cycle in the 6+ years that I've had my M2. I've put mine through absolute hell and have probably cleaned it once.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Let's be honest. M2's are finicky crap that people bought when M1 owners proved that those guns were flawless.

Ditch that junk and get you something reliable...
    I clean the guts in my M2 twice a year unless it gets a good soaking from the rain. I even shoot those dirty, no powder burning Fiocchi shells almost exclusively during the dove seasons.

Mine has been flawless.

Pot stirrer...

Clean the recoil spring in the butt with brake cleaner then spray it full of corrosion X and blow it out with air hose
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Clean the recoil spring in the butt with brake cleaner then spray it full of corrosion X and blow it out with air hose
    yep. also not a bad idea to invest in the stainless steel tube and spring if you suck at maintenance
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I have 2 SBE's and 1 M1. I have sure cycle in all of them and it has been great. The SBE would not cycle light loads when I got it and now will with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Froglube is the shit !!!!!!
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH