Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pump help

No that pearl is mature, there is some that isn't but for the most part it is all mature. The song birds are wearing it out but it did well. There is also a ton of Japanese and brown top under it that has collapsed. We should have plenty of food for the birds. I will be pulling my cams off the scrapes this week and putting them on posts out there!
    This is also the first year we've messed with pearl so I can't answer your question about it maturing while being submerged.

If that was my place, I would build a PVC gravity flow system into the levy with a valve and use lay-flat hose when I wanted to fill the impoundment. One time expense.

Bringing back the thread. Just curious how did this pond turn out? Did you hold ducks and water?

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    If that was my place, I would build a PVC gravity flow system into the levy with a valve and use lay-flat hose when I wanted to fill the impoundment. One time expense.
    Gravity wasn't his friend after all.

What happened?

We pumped the field full with the pump pictured above in about a day and a half off and on. It took it about 3 1/2 weeks to a month to leak out and dry up. We think it has a hole in the bottom. It was built 25 years ago by people that leased the land then and we just decided to put it back to use. The millet (all three types) did really well and it held 30-40 wood ducks the whole time until it went dry obviously.

We didn't replant this year for a number of reasons.....oos trips being further and more costly, still being disheartened from last year, busy summer, ect.

Giving up on it? Some very simple plumbing and you could keep it flooded.

Not giving up on it, just didn't have the time to invest in it this year. We also want to rework the drains as they are very old and have holes in them where someone shot them and the boards are marginal.