Thread: Planted Last Saturday

Default Planted Last Saturday

Planted my patches last Saturday. Combination of oats, wheat and peas. Looks like the bulk of today's rain at least is going a bit to the east of us which is good.

Question though - think we have gotten close to 4 inches over the time frame from last Sunday - today. Did I hit it just right, or is my seed a gonner because it is all going to rot? Patches all drain pretty well for the most part.

What say you? Wondering if I need to be prepared to start over after it dries out a bit... or be prepared for some beautiful green fields after we get some sun/warmth next week.

unless you have planted on some uneven ground where there is a possibility of washout, you will be golden. Fall mixes such as yours, especially oats, will germinate thrown over your shoulder with the only moisture being morning dews. I planted on 9/11 (oats/turnips) in dust and had no rain until last week. I had germination in 5 days and fields of green right now, they will soon be flooded. Was hoping to get the last few acres done in abruzzi today/tomorrow but mother nature has that on hold, she's telling me I will need rice or lily pads.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I planted 35 lbs of durana on saturday and 400 lbs of oats...The Durana had already popped up everywhere, as had the oats. I am afraid much of it will be drowned. Dadgum shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

If we get 12 inches like they are calling for it may wash everything including the trees away!

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    I planted 35 lbs of durana on saturday and 400 lbs of oats...The Durana had already popped up everywhere, as had the oats. I am afraid much of it will be drowned. Dadgum shame.
    Damn. 35 lbs of durana aint cheap.....
    \"Go to Know\"

No but it's lasts for 7 years..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213