Thread: Update on Ethan and Austin

Default Update on Ethan and Austin

Guys I got to spend time with Austin Saturday. I presented he and his Dad with all the notes, stickers, call, and just stuff that was sent to him. He was tickled pink. He is doing ok, hunting and still beating the odds. The chemo and steroids are finally starting to get to him and are messing his little stomach up but he is still a trooper. He has killed 9 deer this season already. Saturday was the ODF deer hunt. He sat out and I ended up spending about an hour with him teaching him how to run a trumpet and box call. He did great. Ill put up some videos soon.

Ethan has taken a turn for the worse since we started the project. He is now deaf and going blind in one eye due to all the tumors. He is currently at Duke hospital. I saw his interpreter Saturday at the ODF event and she was going to spend Sunday with him. She said he was thrilled with all the gifts we gave him and it lifted his spirits. The books and notes we sent were perfect since he had gone deaf. She actually used some of the books to help train him on how to use sign language.

I just wanted to thank everyone who took part in this. We made a difference.

Click on pictures. This is Austin running a coco John Dangerfield trumpet and Box from Jack Lewis.

Last edited by Savduck; 10-27-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Damn. Good on you Del for being there for these warriors.

Let me know if there is anything else you need for them and I will do what I can..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Continued prayers for them. Thanks to all who pitched in. We all have a common ground here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Andy he was fired up about the Tenth Legion. I told him his Dad had to read it to him to skip the bad words.

Thanks for doing this Del! Prayers for those boys and their families!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Good job Del, very good job

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I tell you one thing. I know why Austin has beat cancer twice and is defying the odds now. That youngin is determined. He ran that trumpet for about an hour until he could get to where he was at in the video. Pretty damn good for somebody that's never run one before. He will be giving us lessons soon.

And he is a stone cold KILLER.