Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparkleberry Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sparkleberry Map

Does anyone know of any website or place you can buy a fairly decent map of Sparkleberry swamp?

Is your Google Maps broken?

Gas and time.

There's an old map floating around but the best way to learn is by riding around. Be careful though if by yourself, it's easy to get turned around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The John Hughes Cooper map from the 70's is the standard. However, Google Maps gives you GPS coordinates...

That's it JAB, I couldn't remember his name. Google maps is good but I don't like relying on cell service out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john h cooper map is nice to have, but i sure wouldn't rely on that to get you anywhere...not sure you can even find it anywhere now.....best bet is to go in with someone that knows the route and pay attention to everything you see.....I've been in there plenty of times turned around and I'm stubborn enough to not have a gps....you just hope you have enough gas and beer to get through...or just camp the night and wait for the sun to come up

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    john h cooper map is nice to have, but i sure wouldn't rely on that to get you anywhere...not sure you can even find it anywhere now.....best bet is to go in with someone that knows the route and pay attention to everything you see.....I've been in there plenty of times turned around and I'm stubborn enough to not have a gps....you just hope you have enough gas and beer to get through...or just camp the night and wait for the sun to come up

This man speaks from experience, and Triplebeard will tell you how much gas to bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    This man speaks from experience, and Triplebeard will tell you how much gas to bring.
    TRUTH

GPS my ass. This world of device's is-HAS, killed duck hunting as I knew it. Sure, I have gotten older, but, the swamp is ruined due to the internet and such. I still got maps back from the late 70's with license plate #s and such. This world is so F----- fill in the blanks!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    GPS my ass. This world of device's is-HAS, killed duck hunting as I knew it. Sure, I have gotten older, but, the swamp is ruined due to the internet and such. I still got maps back from the late 70's with license plate #s and such. This world is so F----- fill in the blanks!
    Easy Nab. GPS doesn't show the stumps, trams, dead ends or many of the other things it takes to navigate the real swamp. 99% of the duck hunters who claim to be hunting "the swamp" these days are in Packs Flat or below the trestle...

Where on earth is Robin?

Anybody seen or heard from him?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Where on earth is Robin?

Anybody seen or heard from him?
    No clue. I saw where his Momma died a while back, God rest her soul, but I haven't run into him in St Matty in a couple years and I am there a good bit.

them stumps move every week. There is rumored to be a squatch living on pine island.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

had some good times with nab in the swamp. Would love to hear one of those battles between him and trashduck about mudmotors. Those were always entertaining. Like to see him sometime if ya'll hear from him
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I've Truely never hunted above the trestle. I don't have the time really to put in it either. Plus I'm not gonna drive 1 1/2 hrs to shoot wood ducks anyway.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I've Truely never hunted above the trestle. I don't have the time really to put in it either. Plus I'm not gonna drive 1 1/2 hrs to shoot wood ducks anyway.

Yep, Not worth the time.
    80-20 Genaration

I have the map, but you have run it to know.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog77 View Post
    Does anyone know of any website or place you can buy a fairly decent map of Sparkleberry swamp?
    The only thing you might need is a road map. Find a landing, show up at sunrise turn on your GPS and follow the sound of gunfire and lock in the location. Then move on and get you 5 or 10 spots then show up before sunrise and follow the GPS to your new hole. This a great way to meet new people and share in the time honored sport of water fowling; or get your ass beat.

Quote Originally Posted by bayou pirate View Post
    ...This a great way to meet new people and share in the time honored sport of water fowling; or get your ass beat.
    But maybe not in that order...