Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyote Problem need ideas

Default Coyote Problem need ideas

We have the yotes bad but we never see them while hunting. We hear them all the time and get trail camera pics of them. We tried leg traps to catch one that some how broke a link in big chain. Any suggestions on gettin them killed is appreciated. We tried calls never seems to work

live rooster in a staked down cage, set up down wind and wait.

Make sure you pour blood around the cage
    rip Dakota

Napalm
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I dont care what it takes we have them thick as can be.

Carpet Bomb
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Bacon grease soaked sponge. Just throw them out on the ground. Deer wont touch them but the yotes will eat them and cant digest them. They will die. Dont do this if you have pet dogs around.

Right there with you. I've hunted 7 straight days and haven't seen the first deer, but I've seen two yotes with no shot opportunities. This has "never" happened in my 10 years on this property!
    Last edited by dhall1693; 09-24-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

found this somewhere else

"if there are no dogs (pets) that run loose take a sponge and cut it into 1" squares, cook bacon and roll the 1" square sponges in the grease. Let cool and place bacon soaked 1" square sponges into a zip lock bag with tongs - don't touch with bare hands. Next time you're at the property drop a few bacon soaked 1" square sponges along roads, creek crossings, etc.

Yotes will eat these bacon soaked 1" square sponges and cannot pass them. They will get lodged in the intestines and will slowly kill the yotes. Cruel? Maybe. Effective? Yes, they do die. Will it dent the population? No. Yotes have no natural predator other than man. In my state they are a non-native species and considered a nuisance by the Department of Natural Resources."
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Go to your local pet shelter and adopt 20 cats. Place cats in small cage in coyote infested woods. Crack open a beer and wait

Hire a trapper or get better at trapping them yourselves.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Bacon grease soaked sponge. Just throw them out on the ground. Deer wont touch them but the yotes will eat them and cant digest them. They will die. Dont do this if you have pet dogs around.
    I have never tried this, but have heard that it works. I was also told that it didn't kill domesticated dogs because they would tear it into small pieces before swallowing it, but Coyotes would swallow it whole.

The neighbors of our land did this about 10 years ago and we didnt see a yote for a few years after. We are now starting to see them in big nunbers again. Think its about time to fry up some more bacon. Originaly heard this from a gw he said it was the most effective way to get rid of them.

There was a dog in the news recently that was sick and taken to the vet. He had 40 some odd socks in his stomach. You think a 1 inch piece of sponge is going to kill a coyote?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Cali?
    Pull the trigger

I'm on a phone or I would
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

The places I hunt that have the most coyotes, have the biggest bucks.

Go figure
    Windows Down!

I have the same problem. we have pics of 2 does in last 4 years but always 4-5 nice wall hanger bucks

I heard the trick with the sponge, but it was the small Nerf balls that were mentioned. It was also mentioned that dogs will not swallow them whole and will pass them. Coyotes eat the whole thing in one gulp...

Just what I heard.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

My wife went for a run this evening. She called on her lap back and said she was scared something was behind her. It was dark so I drove up the road to pick her up. I dropped her off at the top of the road and she said she was going to run down our road to the house. I had to get some fuel at the station so I handed her my little 9 till I got back. She felt more comfortable then. Ten minutes later I get almost to the entrance if our drive and see a coyote take off across the road. Wife said she thought it may have been a coyote that was following her earlier but didn't get a good look. I may need to lay off the deer for a bit and go ninja on some mangy fuckin yotes. Lot of ifs on her side but she don't get rattled much and tonight she was.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    found this somewhere else

"if there are no dogs (pets) that run loose take a sponge and cut it into 1" squares, cook bacon and roll the 1" square sponges in the grease. Let cool and place bacon soaked 1" square sponges into a zip lock bag with tongs - don't touch with bare hands. Next time you're at the property drop a few bacon soaked 1" square sponges along roads, creek crossings, etc.

Yotes will eat these bacon soaked 1" square sponges and cannot pass them. They will get lodged in the intestines and will slowly kill the yotes. Cruel? Maybe. Effective? Yes, they do die. Will it dent the population? No. Yotes have no natural predator other than man. In my state they are a non-native species and considered a nuisance by the Department of Natural Resources."
    I find it ironic that the western states that have battled coyotes for years never caught wind of this brillant idea...yet shoot them from aircraft and use sodium cyanide to help kill them. Sponges would certainly be much cheaper and easier.

I suspect if the stomach acid doesn't dissolve it, between the bones and hair, they pass them without a whole lot of effort.