Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We take the time and trouble...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default We take the time and trouble...

To wipe out the buffalo so that the damn indians would starve and quit shooting arrows at us. Now we are working WITH the indians to bring back their mobile supermarket. How long until they are lifting our scalps? Sneaky bitches...

Matthew Brown, The Associated Press
    Published Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:04PM EDT

BILLINGS, Mon. -- Native tribes from the U.S. and Canada signed a treaty Tuesday establishing an inter-tribal alliance to restore bison to areas of the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains where millions of the animals once roamed.

Leaders of about a dozen tribes from Montana and Alberta signed the pact during a daylong ceremony on Montana's Blackfeet Reservation, organizers said.

It marks the first treaty among the tribes and First Nations since a series of agreements governing hunting rights in the 1800s. That was when their ancestors still roamed the border region hunting bison, also called buffalo.

The long-term aim of Tuesday's "Buffalo Treaty" is to allow the free flow of the animals across the international border and restore the bison's central role in the food, spirituality and economies of many American Indian tribes and First Nations -- a Canadian synonym for native tribes.

Such a sweeping vision could take many years to realize, particularly in the face of potential opposition from the livestock industry. But supporters said they hope to begin immediately restoring a cultural tie with bison largely severed when the species was driven to near-extinction in the late 19th century.

"The idea is, hey, if you see buffalo in your everyday life, a whole bunch of things will come back to you," said Leroy Little Bear, a member of southern Alberta Blood Tribe who helped lead the signing ceremony.

"Hunting practices, ceremonies, songs -- those things revolved around the buffalo. Sacred societies used the buffalo as a totem. All of these things are going to be revised, revitalized, renewed with the presence of buffalo," said Little Bear, a professor emeritus of Native American studies at the University of Lethbridge.

Bison numbered in the tens of millions across North America before the West was settled. By the 1880s, unchecked commercial hunting to feed the bison hide market reduced the population to about 325 animals in the U.S. and fewer than 1,000 in Canada, according to wildlife officials and bison trade groups in Canada. Around the same time, tribes were relocated to reservations and forced to end their nomadic traditions.

There are about 20,000 wild bison in North America today.

Ranchers and landowners near two Montana reservations over the past several years fought unsuccessfully against the relocation of dozens of Yellowstone National Park bison due to concerns about disease and bison competing with cattle for grass. The tribes involved -- the Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes of the Fort Peck Reservation and the Assiniboine and Gros Ventre Tribes of the Fort Belknap Reservations -- were among those signing Tuesday's treaty.

Keith Aune, a bison expert with the Wildlife Conservation Society, said the agreement has parallels with the 1855 Lame Bull Treaty, a peace deal brokered by the U.S. government that established hunting rights tribes.

"They shared a common hunting ground, and that enabled them to live in the buffalo way," Aune said. "We're recreating history, but this time on (the tribes') terms."

The treaty signatories collectively control more than 6 million acres of prairie habitat in the U.S. and Canada, an area roughly the size of Vermont, according to Aune's group.

Among the first sites eyed for bison reintroduction is along the Rocky Mountain Front, which includes Montana's Blackfeet Reservation bordering Glacier National Park and several smaller First Nation reserves.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/native-...#ixzz3EFURT6QQ

Better than working with the enviro-wackos to re-introduce wolves and end predator management in the West...

And this won't get terribly far. Cattlemen are powerful folks and they hate buffalo.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I'd rather risk the very low percentage chance that I might get stuck out where a wolf could bite me than have fucking shaggies wandering all around southern Canada and the real chance one would step out in front of the truck at 5am in a snow storm...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I'd rather risk the very low percentage chance that I might get stuck out where a wolf could bite me than have fucking shaggies wandering all around southern Canada and the real chance one would step out in front of the truck at 5am in a snow storm...
    Buffalo did get Augustus killed...
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Buffalo did get Augustus killed...
    Huh?!

Augustus died of the gangrene he got from gettin' shot with an injun arrah in his calf.

Killed by a buffalo.

You should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Huh?!

Augustus died of the gangrene he got from gettin' shot with an injun arrah in his calf.

Killed by a buffalo.

You should be ashamed.

He and Pea Eye were chasin' buffalo when they ran up on some NDN's huntin' them. They got shot for the trespassin'.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Huh?!

Killed by a buffalo.

You should be ashamed.
    That injun arrah got into his leg because he wanted to chase buffalo before there weren't any buffalo to chase.

Sounds good to me! Now we need to kill all of the stupid cows and get rid of the sorry ass ranchers. Without the government land welfare programs (ever heard of the BLM? That's the welfare agency for ranchers) they would have to get real jobs. Bison are easy on the land, don't need all of those chemicals to grow fat, and don't taste to bad. Good thing for prairie wildlife too.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    Sounds good to me! Now we need to kill all of the stupid cows and get rid of the sorry ass ranchers. Without the government land welfare programs (ever heard of the BLM? That's the welfare agency for ranchers) they would have to get real jobs. Bison are easy on the land, don't need all of those chemicals to grow fat, and don't taste to bad. Good thing for prairie wildlife too.
    I hope you're being sarcastic. Bison used to migrate, which made them easy on the land and good for prarie wildlife.

And please tell me more about all these chemicals that it takes to make a steer fat...

How many bison you reckon we need to feed and cloth 300 million Americans? Or if you want to subtract the vegans and enviro wacko's say 250 million conservatively.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Leroy little bear?? Blood tribe?? Made me chuckle, i thought the blood tribe resided in chicago

To wipe out the buffalo so that the damn indians would starve and quit shooting arrows at us. Now we are working WITH the indians to bring back their mobile supermarket. How long until they are lifting our scalps? Sneaky bitches...
    You're going to wake up with HARV standing over you holding your top knot.

Tatonka.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 09-24-2014 at 12:08 PM.

^

Which was the point of the thread. Sneaky assed indians are trying to make a comeback. I can see right through them...

Downeast you haven't a clue what you are talking about do you bubba...

Which was the point of the thread. Sneaky assed indians are trying to make a comeback. I can see right through them...

We'll call you Cheers For Chickens With No Hair.

maybe the wolves will start sport killing the buffalo and get the NDN's on board with killing wolves.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Naw, not really. I've hunted New Mexico, Colorado, the Dakotas and Wyoming. I've been run off public lands several times by ranchers and cut a few locks too. I've seen land owned by private ranchers that has some good grazing, but I've seen a lot of public land abused to the point where you couldn't grow as much as a hard-on if you tried. And I've met a lot of "cowbums" in the local bars with the big belt buckles and hats and a fat welfare check. And the damn wire, there is wire strung over every damn mountain west of the Mississippi. Most of it on YOUR lands! If they want to raise cattle, fine, but they should do it on their own land. Check out the steroids in cattle. They even use estrogen!

Oh, and I hate a damn Injun too!
    Last edited by Downeast; 09-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Check out the steroids in cattle. They even use estrogen!
    I just had this EXACT same conversation with someone yesterday.

In a serving of "hormone free" beef, there is about 3.5 nanograms of estrogen.

In beef that had an implant, there is about 5 nanograms in that same amount.

A serving of cabbage has over 2,000 nanograms of estrogen.

I suggest YOU check out the "steroids" in cattle.

Edited to add...I do think that we need to re-vamp our public land grazing system. It needs to be on a shorter leash and a little more tightly regulated. But without it, we don't have the beef that we have.

Here's a good place to start.
    http://momatthemeatcounter.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by quackaddict; 09-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I just had this EXACT same conversation with someone yesterday.

In a serving of "hormone free" beef, there is about 3.5 nanograms of estrogen.

In beef that had an implant, there is about 5 nanograms in that same amount.

A serving of cabbage has over 2,000 nanograms of estrogen.

I suggest YOU check out the "steroids" in cattle.

Edited to add...I do think that we need to re-vamp our public land grazing system. It needs to be on a shorter leash and a little more tightly regulated. But without it, we don't have the beef that we have.

Here's a good place to start.
    http://momatthemeatcounter.blogspot.com/

Don't choo be bringing real science and shit up in here.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff