Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget the dogs....

Default Forget the dogs....

What about the fat and out of shape hunters. Prob a couple falling out today. It's HOT!!! Kind of glad we didn't shoot today. There will be better days.

It is hot! Id have to have me a shade tree close by if I was huntin. And plenty of h20!

I had to leave the field when they started pouring in. After 20-30 minutes in the truck....I went back out and finished my limit.

Hottest day I can ever remember in a dove field.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-01-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Easily one of the Top 5 most uncomfortable days in the field for me. Ever. The heat was turned up to 11 and the gnats were ridiculous. Headnet for sure next weekend.

We weren't too far from the coast so we had a little bit of breeze. It broke my heart but I left my big old fat senior dog home and only brought the young upstart. He's been training in the heat so he did fine with plenty of water and a big camo umbrella to give him shade. It's just too friggin hot. We had some birds but it wasn't a barn burner and I drew one of the worst stands. 1/3 of the ones I shot were very young birds.

It was hot but I've hunted hotter.
    The hound did well and we both survived day one.
    Back at it tomorrow....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    It was hot but I've hunted hotter.
    The hound did well and we both survived day one.
    Back at it tomorrow....
    You've hunted hotter than 99 with a 102 heat index?

I was at the lake today. Had the chance to hunt out in Bishopville, but to heck with that. I had sweat just a rollin' out on the water catchin' da brimps with Colt. I couldn't imagine being out in the middle of a dove field today. No thanks.

Didn't look at the actual temp today but yes..... Hunted when it was worse than today!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

It was definitely hot, we didn't get in the field until 3:30 and everyone was out by 4:30. Everyone's dog did good and survived, ready to do it again tomorrow.
    TFC -"Be tough, or get tough!"

Had a good day, drew a shady spot lots of birds after three. Tried one of those cool max things that you wet from Lowe's, works. Finished with a limit but shot poorly today

Had a guy in my club bring his dog and it started showing signs of heat stroke, so he left and put it in the AC and the dog came around...luckily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

86 here. Felt fine.

I've felt hotter many times compared to today. We actually had some decent cloud cover a large part of the day and a good shower. Calling people out of shape and possibly falling out? At least they might have went. Nothing better than opening day.

Really?

Hottest I can remember but the birds flew extremely well. One of the best killings that I can remember.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

It was hot but the rivah was cool. Doves flew late but it didn't take long. Good times had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I had to leave the field when they started pouring in. After 20-30 minutes in the truck....I went back out and finished my limit.

Hottest day I can ever remember in a dove field.

Not as old as you but I've never been that hot in a field...I sweated five gallons

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Ma' Nature worked all kinds of mayhem around us this afternoon. The Djibouti heat got to an older fellow a couple stands down and he went face first in the dirt while retrieving a bird. We got him scooped up and loaded into a truck and kept running the barrels hot.

Then on the way home rolling west on 20 I topped the hill at 601 and my son asked what was that in the sky. It was a dang wall of rain and hail complete with what must have been a microburst that came across just west of Clemson Rd. About a 30' section of dead pine tree laying in the interstate.

Now that I've sweated half to death and another season is upon us I'm ready to see some frost.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    What about the fat and out of shape hunters. Prob a couple falling out today. It's HOT!!! Kind of glad we didn't shoot today. There will be better days.
    Hahahaha, this strikes me funny. Y'all are out there sweatin yer arse off while the dogs are at home enjoying the bought air.