Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tractor

Default Tractor

Best cheap tractor, just bush hogging under 30 hp. Go

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JHampton; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 PM.

If I were in the market I would look to buy a JD, Kubota, or New Holland. Look for one a few years old.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

New Holland TC30

Or search Craigslist for John Deere 750. There's a nice one in Williamston on there.

Those smaller Fords/New Hollands a good little tractors. Might take a look at some of the smaller 50 and 55 series John Deere. There are some of the 2150 and 2155s on Greenville craigslist at fair prices. Little bit more HP then you are looking for but it's hard to beat those Mannheim built Deeres
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

One of the guys at the hunt club has a nice Kubota. It's got a bucket on the front and he had the bush hog hooked up on the back. Nice set up

Go see Mr. Coker in Turbeville, SC on 378. He has several Ford 4000s that he rebuilds from the ground up.

Budget? 2wd or 4wd. Check craigslist daily and you can find some good deals. Watched it for 3 months for my father-in-law and found some really good deals. He was just to slow to respond to the ones I told him to check on. He missed out on some really good tractors. Finally he called on one the same day it was posted and got a good new holland tc 30 with only 80 hrs.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Default Tractor

John Deere 830 (30HP) or 2240 (50HP). Basically the same frame if you get a late 70s model. Craigslist, redline, tractorhouse are good places to look.
    Last edited by britton40; 08-30-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Craigslist may be a good place to find a good tractor but beware of the scammers. Bogus tractor ads are one of the most frequent scams on there. Don't buy anything off of there without a pre-sale inspection and a face to face transaction.

Kioti fits your description. But if you asked for long lasting I'd say kubota.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

More fuel = more boost!!

Nice rig krt

Hydrostatic and very nice KRT.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 08-31-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Krt's appears to be gearshift actually

Just out of curiosity, since I am in the market----what's that rig right there cost a fella?
    Bah! Humbug!

KRT- Sorry if it's a stupid question- but I've seen that package at the Kubota store in Charleston. Is that your store?
    Bah! Humbug!

I can't tell what hp that tractor is right there but disc bush hog and tractor runs a little above 20k

Nah, I own a automotive repair shop in Lexington SC
    More fuel = more boost!!

Don't rule out an old Ford 8N. Kooobota if going new. What size hawg and how many acres ??
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.