Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hevi steel

Default Hevi steel

Anyone got a hold of a box yet to give it a review?

I understand it's just steel shot. But it has a fair price and a good FPS of 1500. I'm wondering how the pellets look inside and if it patterns decent.

Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like pretty cool.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/Article...ield-Page1.htm

Wow it amazes me how people love over paying for stuff.

They used to sell a product marketed at Hevisteel. It was 9 gm/cc versus 7.1 for steel. It sounds to me like they're trying to sneak this one in on the unsuspecting.

I liked the old Hevisteel and would buy a flat or two if it were still made.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yea... They sold it years ago..... I thought it was just moly coated for more weight? I don't know?
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Hevisteel was for real
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I don't ever recall "magnum lead duck loads" ever costing $19/box like that link proclaims....

I have to agree with the grinder.

If you know what the load is doing, you can kill anything you want with 3" #3's right Rubberhead?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

or, even 2 3/4" #7 steel.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have to agree with the grinder.

If you know what the load is doing, you can kill anything you want with 3" #3's right Rubberhead?
    Maybe even two of anything.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutm jack View Post
    Its $15 a box. Thats cheaper than a good majority of the steel on the market now a days. I ordered a flat to see how it shoots, and how the shells hold up around moisture, etc.

One of the biggest issues I have had with cheaper shells is not the ability to kill shit with them, its the ability to consitently shoot without an issue. Kent shells going whoooomp and barely pushing the wad out of the barrel if they get wet, fiochi brass swelling and not feeding/ejecting properly, remington low brass shit not firing at all if it gets wet. That to me is a bigger waste of money than paying a bit more for reliable shells that kill cleanly.

Im going to give Rio shells a whirl this season as well. Another member on here was telling me he had good results with them.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 07-18-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Don't know about this stuff. I like the speed. I love Hevi Metal but for the price I will stick with blue box Federals.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Don't know about this stuff. I like the speed. I love Hevi Metal but for the price I will stick with blue box Federals.
    Hevi metal has become too expensive for my taste, especially if you hunt more than a few times a year. How do the federals hold up in wet conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutm jack View Post
    It amazes me how continually ignorant you are. It is only $15 bucks a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    They used to sell a product marketed at Hevisteel. It was 9 gm/cc versus 7.1 for steel. It sounds to me like they're trying to sneak this one in on the unsuspecting.

I liked the old Hevisteel and would buy a flat or two if it were still made.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Yea... They sold it years ago..... I thought it was just moly coated for more weight? I don't know?
    I went through 4 boxes of the old hevi steel in #6s up in ND. It was impressive. This stuff is nothing more than an attempt to sneak one in under the radar like Rubberhead said.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    It amazes me how continually ignorant you are. It is only $15 bucks a box.

I went through 4 boxes of the old hevi steel in #6s up in ND. It was impressive. This stuff is nothing more than an attempt to sneak one in under the radar like Rubberhead said.
    He dresses like vanilla ice....what did you expect?

I agree it's sneaky marketing. Plenty of people will think they are getting the old product for a much cheaper price.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 07-18-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Maybe even two of anything.

:snort:

A case of shells a year for the last 10, give or take and I have had one kent go "click".

It was on a pair of black ducks that should have died had everyone been shooting straight. I was able to knock down the hen on the third shell, after clearing the dud and missing on the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post

That's all I shoot and when you buy it in a case it's ten bucks a box. Black cloud and hevi metal is a waste. Hell if they're close Xperits will cut their head off.

$189.99/250 > $15/box

I've shot Rio's for the past two years. The first box I ever tried, had 2 dud's in it. I wrote Rio and complained and they sent me back a 1/2 case with their apologies. I've shot a couple of cases since then and have not had a problem. I shoot 3 1/2" #2's (they don't offer #3's in 3 1/2) and the price is around $15/box. I used to shoot Kent's, but I like the Rio's better.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

CUTEM Jack's daddy buys him Federals? Cool. Grinding.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.