Thread: The old and the new

Default The old and the new

Lead dog, Boodrow, had to be put down about a month ago. You don't see too many that die of old age, especially one this good. He was ~10 and hunted like he was 2 until the last couple weeks. When it got on him, it came hard and fast. He lead the pack and kept everyone in there place. He never got accused of being good looking, but was a bad dude and absolute hell on a hog. When you saw the ole satellite ear stick up with his nose in the air and he rolled out into the woods, you better get ready cause you would be on a hog shortly. I had the privilege of killing my first hog over him and hunting him while he did what he did best. He will be missed and it will be a fun ride to see who steps up to try and fill his shoes.

But "The King," as he was commonly referred to, left us with a present. 8 healthy pups were born this past Sunday. He was breed to a nice female before he took a turn for the worse. Excited to see how the pups turn out and hope they got a bunch of their daddy.

I know it's a long read, but my take is these dogs are kept and fed for a reason, they are good at what they do. The better they are treated the better they hunt and the better they hunt the more hogs I get to kill....which is what gets the blood flowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

RIP, badass.

Congratulations on the new generation. Condolences at the loss of "the King".
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Godspeed Boodrow!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Rest easy Boodrow. Good luck with the new generation Matt, I gotta get down there and run em with y'all one weekend

PS - You still ugly.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Hate to hear that Matt, next hog I mash I'll do it for him.

You got one as ugly as dad in that whelping box?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Hate to here that. That white pup looks good.

sorry for your loss. I have a dog that's getting old (8 plus) and I dread the day that it happens. That female is beautiful. Its hard to replace a finished lead hog dog.

Good stuff, hate you lost the king...glad he left you something to work with.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

RIP buddrow. I had the pleasure of following that long-legged SOB thru the swamp not long ago.

Good looking pups. Guy hobbled another hog a couple nights ago. should be slow enough for yall to catch. bring it on.

snicker.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Rest in peace Boodrow

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RIP buddrow. I had the pleasure of following that long-legged SOB thru the swamp not long ago.

Good looking pups. Guy hobbled another hog a couple nights ago. should be slow enough for yall to catch. bring it on.

snicker.
    That three legged sow ran surprisingly fast. Smartass.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Old boy had some character, made me smile looking at the pics. Glad he left some behind. RIP.

Send one to the trainer and I'll pick it up in a year.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Rest easy Boodrow. Good luck with the new generation Matt, I gotta get down there and run em with y'all one weekend

PS - You still ugly.....
    Come on down yuppie yeti man

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Hate to hear that Matt, next hog I mash I'll do it for him.

You got one as ugly as dad in that whelping box?
    The uglier the better when it comes to the selection process

Quote Originally Posted by catahouladogs View Post
    Its hard to replace a finished lead hog dog.
    That's the truth!!
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

snicker.
    I like low hanging fruit . I'll get up with you soon.

hehe

i just like pickin on you bastards.

its too easy sometimes.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.