Thread: Lights on my Xpress

Default Lights on my Xpress

I can't remember if I posted this on here or not. But I added some more lights today. So here ya go.

Initially did the green earlier this year then added the compartment lights on a different switch.

Never liked how dark the stern was....

Then I noticed recently what looked like a press out for a switch on the tiller. That got me to thinking. Since it was raining today I started piddling and took the bottom of the tiller off. It does press right out..

This is the press out. Wonder why Yamaha put it there?

This extra switch I had fits perfectly...

So a quick trip to Auto Zone and I rigged this right up. 2 4" light strips stuck to bottom of the tiller. Problem solved...

Need another project now. Three different color lights on a john boat is getting a little crazy.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I like it! Never noticed that punch out on mine. But I'm sure it's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The green looks to be LED light strips. What is the red? Strip light as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Did you get the 12V from inside the cowl?

Four more colors makes a rainbow. We know where you're headed!

Moose, with the trim switch being in the handle he could tap into that 12+V source without even having to go into the cowl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice ive got the same tiller setup

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

I believe you are the one that referenced me to HITLIGHTS which I ordered and just installed Sunday. Turned out pretty tight, can see floor in the dar nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    The green looks to be LED light strips. What is the red? Strip light as well?
    WW red is a strip light. 2 four inch lights. AutoZone carries in Greenville. Waaay more expensive than the HitLights, but quick and easy for a small project. Hell I didn't think about the power in the cowl or the trim switch. I just ran wire inside the tiller handle and out the back where the other cables come in. Zip tied that to the power cable for the engine that drops straight down to the battery in the floor in the back. That big power cable for the engine is inside black flex tubing so none of the wires are visible anyway. I guess I could have gone inside the cowl or tapped the trim power, didn't think about it. But I still would have had to pick up a ground for the switch which is a lit switch and a ground for the lights themselves....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    Four more colors makes a rainbow. We know where you're headed!
    What is this rainblow you speak of? I assume you know all about it????

Ya'll and your fancy schmancy lights.

Where's your sense of adventure? What about all those dentists who cant fix the chipped teeth you get from holding a maglight in your mouth when you fall?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Ya'll and your fancy schmancy lights.

Where's your sense of adventure? What about all those dentists who cant fix the chipped teeth you get from holding a maglight in your mouth when you fall?
    they still get my business but saw bones dont from slipping on a stud carp laying in wait in the dark
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Of course you can always tap into the 12V + and - wires at the ignition switch right there in the handle too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Of course you can always tap into the 12V + and - wires at the ignition switch right there in the handle too.
    I like the idea of wiring interior LED's to the tiller.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke