Thread: Oregon

Default Oregon

I will be going to Bend Oregon for a National Sportsmens Caucus meeting in mid November.

I want to waterfowl hunt a few days before the meeting starts. I can drive or stay somewhere else.

Any suggestions?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

No wonder you voted yea

Not familiar with that area but hunted quite a bit in the Klammath Falls/Tule Lake area. More ducks and geese that you will ever see.

Hunted the Snake in oregan. It was awesome.
    Last edited by HuntinCosta; 06-24-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    No wonder you voted yea
    Haha, nice snag there!

I thought it was all work and no play over there at the state house? Seems like this is one of those additional perks our reps get paid for, and is above and beyond that raise they voted for themselves.

All in the name of public service

More than likely funded from "kick back" money on the sale of trapped turkeys to Texas................that no longer exists to our knowledge.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by buckfarmer View Post
    Haha, nice snag there!

I thought it was all work and no play over there at the state house? Seems like this is one of those additional perks our reps get paid for, and is above and beyond that raise they voted for themselves.

All in the name of public service
    There is not a penny of state money to support this org.

This is a group of sportsmen and women legislators from across the US that are fighting to protect your rights from the anti hunter types.

Here is some info. I would think this site would appreciate their legislators going to an event like this. Especially when it does not cost the taxpayer.

The NASC Annual Sportsman-Legislator Summit is the largest gathering of pro-sportsmen legislators that occurs each year. This event provides the bipartisan group of sportsmen-legislators - representing states across the nation - with the opportunity to interact with state and federal natural resource agencies, allied non-governmental conservation organizations and industries concerned with the future of our nation's outdoor heritage. The meeting is also an opportunity for legislators to gather together to discuss issues impacting the sportsmen's conservation community and to share information relevant to America's hunters and recreational anglers and shooters.

The NASC Annual Sportsman-Legislator Summit further educates and informs those involved in the policy process and helps to shape the legislative agenda and issues legislators take on the following year.

http://www.sportsmenslink.org/about/

Get with Sprigdog. I'm sure he can put you pretty close to some ducks.

Pray for a euro.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

It's been a number of years since I've been to Eastern Oregon and it's best areas are private ranches with ponds and alfalfa fields, there are few private waterfowl clubs, but there is a WMA, however I did not hunt the WMA there. There is the little farming town down south Central Oregon at Merril OR, which is potato land in Oregon... (they hunt geese in large potato fields, lots of Snows migrate through there and Specks too, as it's just seven miles north of Tule Lake, CA which is a major NWR there is a ton of hunting all around that regional area. Hope that helps you some.

Thanks.

I located a guide who has land bordering the Summer Lake WMS/Refuge. Looks like the ducks and geese are beginning to leave by that time of the year but so are the crowds of people. The is a risk of sheet ice by midiNov also.

I'm not into the guided hunt as much as free lancing. This guy does a pheasant put take and a stocked rainbow trout pond.

I may do a combo of his guide and free lance.

Paul's Pond.

It may be in Washington, but I'd look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinCosta View Post
    Hunted the Snake in oregan. It was awesome.

Shut yo mouth !
    80-20 Genaration

No ducks oregon. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Talkin' 'bout hunting here, not football....

Point, Tater.

And I'd look into Paul's Pond too.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Hopefully, you can share a blind with a couple of these.

Redleg, please show these boys whats up in Oregon...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton