Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Meat

Default Shipping Meat

Anyone ever sent any meat home after an out of state hunt? I'm planning on flying to hunt Illinois the November when in years past I've always driven. I know shipping antlers wouldn't be a big deal but I'd love it if I could get that Midwest deer meat back home.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

Whats your concern? Shipping it fedex or with you on the airline?

We had our fish vacuum sealed and frozen in mexico. Packed the cooler full and checked it. Got home and it was still frozen.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Shipping via FedEx/UPS overnight on dry ice is stupid expensive. Best bet is to pack it in coolers and fly it home. We've done it with pheasant from SD before.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

My last trip to Saskattoon we brought home a cooler full. The hotel we stayed at prior to the flight home let us put the cooler in the walk in freezer over night.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Shipping via FedEx/UPS overnight on dry ice is stupid expensive. Best bet is to pack it in coolers and fly it home. We've done it with pheasant from SD before.
    I don't think you can ship a container that has dry ice in it any longer. Supposedly it is a safety hazard. Freeze the meat pack with ice packs or frozen containers and put in a ice chest. Ship it on a Monday or Tuesday and 'next' day is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Pffff. Extra baggage and overweight fees for airlines are just this side of being sodomized with a pineapple.

Fly Southwest and use it as your second bag. Just gotta keep it under 50lbs before they break out the pineapple.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

When we hunt Wyoming, we ship our clothes home and just pay extra baggage fees. One double gun case and 3 coolers at 50 pounds apiece. You can pack up to 5 pounds of dry ice per cooler if you have long layovers. We usually just tape them shut and they are still solid when we get home.

Last time, we didnt need to ship our clothes home, but stuffed everything in our packs and gate-checked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Pffff. Extra baggage and overweight fees for airlines are just this side of being sodomized with a pineapple.

Damnit, Glenn. I for real brought a pineapple in for lunch time and I swear, I cant cut the sumbitch now.

Asshole.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

But yeah, I plan on buying a little coleman and filling it full of lobsters if the price is right, then Fedexing my luggage back.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Damnit, Glenn. I for real brought a pineapple in for lunch time and I swear, I cant cut the sumbitch now.

Asshole.
    You can do it BB just be careful where you sit down.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Efff you too Harv! Nasty fucker.

But yeah, I plan on buying a little coleman and filling it full of lobsters if the price is right, then Fedexing my luggage back.
    snag me some

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How many pounds you want?

If you're bringing back lobster for people, put me on the list.

How many pounds you want?
    I just want a couple for me and the wife

If I am able to shake it out, sure...but I called ahead to check prices and they are cheaper at Bilo than the Fisherman's co-op down the road from where I am staying.

If I am able to shake it out, sure...but I called ahead to check prices and they are cheaper at Bilo than the Fisherman's co-op down the road from where I am staying.
    Roger

If any of you have ever hunted/fished/traveled/visited BB you already know that he has to have pretty much everything he owns within arm's reach at all times.

I've been on fishing trips with him where I had to sit on a cooler sitting on a cooler while his damn goat sat on me.

Now imagine BB at the airport in Costa Rica when the little counter lady told him his bags were too heavy.

The fucker dumped his shit out in the middle of the floor and started stuffing souvenirs, Cuban cigars and fuck-all else into either the trash can or my bags.

I then had to walk up to the counter and, with a straight face, tell the the lady that no one else had helped pack my luggage after she 30 seconds previously
    watched a sunburnt sasquatch shove a fly-rod case into the top of my pack muttering "here... carry this" and "fucking communist weight limit bullshit motherfuckers".
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff