Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 6, 2015

Default June 6, 2015

Duck Run. Looking forward to it.

Who will be the first to ask when it is.

The trailers at Pack's are accounted for.

Phoneman is the official spokesman.

BOC is in charge.

Volunteers will be needed.

A new route was talked about last night. Despite all attempts to get back by three for the drawing after stations were closed by 1:30, it just doesn't work. The swamp was packed.

More later.

IN THE MEANTIME, if you are a constructive critic, please post.

And to the non contributing participant (he did not pay to play but was there to enjoy the run) who was going through pulling down the marking tapes, screw you. And for those of you wondering, Can't Care had some choice words for to and for him. Maybe BOC got a picture.

And for what it is worth, one of my boys and a friend of his cruised the run this morning and took down all the tape they could find. IF you happen to visit the swamp and see some yellow warning tape hanging around, please take it down.

Thanks to all of you who participated.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

RP, y'all outdid yourselves. Hell of a job to all of you!
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

So when is next year's Duck Run???
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Well labeled map wouldn't hurt or we could just do a much more obvious job of marking the course.

I think a lot of folks skipped #3 because of some confusion between #3 and #4.

Had a blast as always. Thanks to all who helped out. RP you've done a hell of a job. Keep up the good work.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Thanks for all the hard work rp!

Mudeagle and I talked about making three at the mouth of risers instead of in the lake. Make the station on the opposite side against the trees. If folks want to go into the lake and swim do be it but that would solve a lot of confusion and some two way traffic in and out.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    Mudeagle and I talked about making three at the mouth of risers instead of in the lake. Make the station on the opposite side against the trees. If folks want to go into the lake and swim do be it but that would solve a lot of confusion and some two way traffic in and out.
    yeap

I thought the tickets were a great idea and made everything run smoother.

My 1 suggestion is that next year, don't have a bunch of trivial prizes like hats. It made the drawing process incredibly long.

Other than that I had a great time as usual.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I thought the tickets were a great idea and made everything run smoother.

My 1 suggestion is that next year, don't have a bunch of trivial prizes like hats. It made the drawing process incredibly long.

Other than that I had a great time as usual.
    seams like I have heard that a lot

Very good job as always ladies and gentlemen! It really surprised me as to the number of people in the swamp yesterday for the run, then not a tenth of them were at packs for the conclusion of it. I'm assuming that most of them did not "pay to play" and only came for the party. Hats off to all of you who volunteer and make it happen. Not an easy job to do! Thanks for all your work.
    U serious Clark?

Had a great time. Thanks Patten.

Great Day in the swamp!!! Hats off to all who put the event on!! We bought a couple hands, but did not make it back to packs until almost 5 o'clock. If anyone was there that late, we were the boat pulling the little white skiff in. Their motor gave out just after the 2nd station and we pulled em back all the way from there.

DNR didnt bother us all day, and I swear they went by us 20 times. we thought maybe if you had the blue duck run stickers they wouldnt bother you. Did anyone see the wreck just after station 1? I dont know how anyone wasnt hurt. Dude drove all over the back end of a boat, shattered the motor lid.

I bet a 1/4 of the boats actually stopped at station 4 and dropped tickets in the bucket.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have 1 demand for next year! I reapeat demand, not request! I need a megaphone or PA system of some sort! I can't talk today!
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Im glad you sobered up and decided not to put me in charge. My first post would have been that the duck run has celebrated its final year! I have a hard enough time getting station runners and figuring out your text messages
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    I have 1 demand for next year! I reapeat demand, not request! I need a megaphone or PA system of some sort! I can't talk today!
    Already have one that has been donated for the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by amosmoses View Post
    DNR didnt bother us all day, and I swear they went by us 20 times. we thought maybe if you had the blue duck run stickers they wouldnt bother you. Did anyone see the wreck just after station 1? I dont know how anyone wasnt hurt. Dude drove all over the back end of a boat, shattered the motor lid.
    I had the sticker on my outboard ... Got pulled and toted a ticket home too. It was my own fault though. Between Packs and station 1 I checked my stickers after I had one of those "oh shit" moments, they expired in April. Never got a notice because we moved, and I haven't taken my boat out in a few months. My account will be $150 lighter.

I'm planning on heading back down tomorrow and taking my girls since none of them could make the run. We'll pull the tape. Gotta go by the campsite and finish cleaning up the trash left behind by whoever was there before us. I'll go ahead and schedule my vacation for next year.

^thank you for being a good steward of the swamp^
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.