Thread: Like a kid on Christmas

Default Like a kid on Christmas

When it comes in, and when it's over. Ready to get back to life.

#TFC
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

#selfie
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

It takes me a week or two to get back to a normal sleep routine and not plan my day around when can I get to the woods and when can I sleep. Not to mention all the time I spend plotting the next days plans A,B,C and D.

I was working on deer stands yesterday at about 11 when I heard two gobble. When I got done, I walked out to the logging road and there was a gobbler in full strut, another gobbler and a hen in the road. When they walked off I headed back to the truck and dang if another bird didn't fire up on his own. I stood there and listened as he gobbled a dozen times over the next ten minutes. I caught myself planning on how I was going to hunt him in the morning until it dawned on me that the season was over. He don't know how lucky he was.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Hell of a season you had Boozer!!

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    It takes me a week or two to get back to a normal sleep routine and not plan my day around when can I get to the woods and when can I sleep. Not to mention all the time I spend plotting the next days plans A,B,C and D.

I was working on deer stands yesterday at about 11 when I heard two gobble. When I got done, I walked out to the logging road and there was a gobbler in full strut, another gobbler and a hen in the road. When they walked off I headed back to the truck and dang if another bird didn't fire up on his own. I stood there and listened as he gobbled a dozen times over the next ten minutes. I caught myself planning on how I was going to hunt him in the morning until it dawned on me that the season was over. He don't know how lucky he was.
    Our birds are primed right now
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Let's go!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

We need a youth day for after the regular season instead of before.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

There was a bird on fire yesterday morning behind the house.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I'm headed one state south either Wed or Thurs morning if I get a chance. I can't take it any longer knowing I can still hunt one 2 hours away. Even if I can only hunt until 830, it's worth it to me, and I need to take a load of stuff down before work really cranks up for me anyhow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The season ending always brings feelings of aging for me. I don't feel older on my birthday but the last hunt of the season is when all 365 hit me. The feelings, friends, and fun of this year and looking back on years past...and how things will be different for me next year. I enjoy the turkey blowout as much as the opener. This turkey blowout was more special as this will be the last Mother's Day in GA... At least for a few years.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.