Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EDGE/HAVOC 553

The newest edge design is much better than the old. Also edge is owned and warranted by Waco. Who stands behind the havoc warranty? I like the havoc but am unsure if it is worthy yet. Either way, if you buy from Kevin you will have great service and support on your side.

Edge is not out of business. But they did get rid of their weakest link IMO.
    Last edited by mudeagle; 03-07-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

No edge is still there. If you get a havoc I'd deff wait and let Tim build you one with a pad under it. A regular havoc is bad ass but with a pad under it the potential is unlimited. There has been only one pad boat built as I am still doing some testing. Set up as bow is 12/20 full cleaver and Lwp. If motor is correct hight I think ill have some decent numbers for you guys tommorrow.

* as of now

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    No edge is still there. If you get a havoc I'd deff wait and let Tim build you one with a pad under it. A regular havoc is bad ass but with a pad under it the potential is unlimited. There has been only one pad boat built as I am still doing some testing. Set up as bow is 12/20 full cleaver and Lwp. If motor is correct hight I think ill have some decent numbers for you guys tommorrow.
    I'd like see some pics of your setup. Who makes your cleaver?

No Edge is not out of business...Kevin picked up 3 brand new Edges from their shop last weekend and took a tour of their facilities about a month ago to see how they were operating since Tim Scott left. He confirmed that they were still making a quality boat in his opinion.

Lots of speculation being thrown around on this thread.... It's funny.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edge is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    Lots of speculation being thrown around on this thread.... It's funny.

Yep

IMO, the wider beams of other boats only appear to have more room. These SEEM to almost be the best of both worlds on paper (wider bottom with the beam of a much narrower bottom boat).

I've never seen an Edge or Havoc in person, but will definitely look at them before buying any Jon boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Ron hill makes the cleaver. 12x20

I would suggest looking at the mid deck boat.

Quote Originally Posted by mearle4 View Post
    I would suggest looking at the mid deck boat.
    X2... It's sweet.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Just got back from congaree. I figured I'd share what I found out today on a padded havoc. 54 up stream and 57 down stream. Motor needs to come higher because tiller steer is super hard with this cleaver. I am raising motor another inch and back tommorrow to try again after church.

Just got back from congaree. I figured I'd share what I found out today on a padded havoc. 54 up stream and 57 down stream. Motor needs to come higher because tiller steer is super hard with this cleaver. I am raising motor another inch and back tommorrow to try again after church.
    Solid.

That's pretty slow...
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

As in a lot of torque steer? I think Bob's machine still makes a torque tamer to help that.
    Last edited by Gone South; 03-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Yes tiller steer. It was hard to hold it strait! And yea the post above about being slow I will agree- but if you have done that in a jon boat it's pretty impressive and dangerous brother. Life jacket and kill switch on for sure

What happens is when you raise your prop so high, it wants to walk on top of the water like a paddle wheel and pull to the side. It basically wants to pull the tiller out of your hand right? Going higher won't help it at all. You need to put some curvature to your skeg.

Yes it's tough to hold for real! How you gonna go about adding curvature? I met dds for the first time today- he saw the havoc maybe he will chime in on what he thinks

Anything that can add a wedge or make the skeg want to naturally turn to the right a little bit. Mercury torquemaster gearcases come like that from the factory. You can use thickened epoxy or a good bondo to do the same thing. Or a TH marine torque tab.

U got any pics of yours?
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke