Thread: Duck out of water

Default Duck out of water

So I just made it down to the LC and let me tell you I feel like a duck out of water. I'm not used to traffic or trees which are not in short supply at all. I've been driving around and haven't seen one duck besides the ones at housing development ponds, pretty depressing coming from the snake river. I'm shocked by the amount of water and lack of ducks. I'm getting my kayak and boat all rigged up for fishing and pretty excited to go after the spot tails and trout. If anybody would like to meet up and do some fishing drop me a line.

whereabouts in the LC

Culture shock ain't it? Told ya. I'll be in town for Reserves in a couple weeks. Go out to the Navy base, there's some places open for hunting that only active duty can get to that are pretty sweet. You can even kill ya wild pig out there.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-28-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Haha not so much the duck mecca you left huh?

You thought we were kidding about the duck hunting, didn't you?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

plenty of ducks here- park circle at the duck pond

I really did think all of you were joking about the lack of ducks. When it comes to duck hunting down here I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze, I think fishing might be a lil more lucrative hobby and cause less anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutm jack View Post
    I really did think all of you were joking about the lack of ducks. When it comes to duck hunting down here I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze, I think fishing might be a lil more lucrative hobby and cause less anxiety.
    Now you know why so many travel out of state to kill ducks.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

guarantee you the fishing will not be to sporty for the next few days either.

to me SC has some of the best freshwater fishing god has to offer. Enjoy our state.