... but when you look in the Junk Mail folder it's not there...???

My wife uses Outlook 2003 on her HP laptop (fairly new... originally her Pavilion dv7, and now on her new HP Envy).

Anyway, I recently reinstalled Win 7 and all the original software on the db7, plus the minimal additional software that she wanted. That was due to a virus of sorts that I was unable to figure out. It also began on the new laptop (the HP Envy) as soon as I had Outlook 2003 installed and configured. I use the same software on my desktop PC and I've never seen this happen there.

Anyway, she's been getting these pop-up notices in Outlook saying an email has been forwarded to the Junk Mail folder and when she opens it, there's nothing new in there.

I've checked the settings and it's set to "Low" so that only the 'worst' junk mail will be forwarded to the folder, along with two email addresses that had been manually added to the list of 'Blocked Senders'.

The 'disappearing' emails are NOT going into the regular 'Deleted' folder, and they are NOT being redirected into any other folders on the file list.

Why would they get automatically deleted (I'm assuming that) if the box for automatic deletion is NOT checked?

Where might they be going to?

I see it as a curious quandary. She gets upset over stuff like this "because it shouldn't be happening".... so help me out here, guys!!!

What should I be checking that I've missed???

Btw, the Avira anti-virus is NOT quarantining any emails... or at least not showing any.

Thanks.