Thread: Deer Ticks / Lime

I'am on the Eastren Shore of Md..up our way this is on joke..my hunting partner came down w/ lime,and it flat kicked his ass..he's 25 and in good shape..I wore rino skins & he did'nt..the last time we went, I changed my gear in the shed & put them in a clear plastic bag..the next morning I went to wash my stuff & counted 30 ticks of all sizes at the neck of the knoted bag.do y'all have it like this? If so How do you protect yourself? I love to turkey hunt..but this is taking the edge off..

Rock had it bad a while back. Seems like some others had it too. We don't have it near as bad as you seem to though...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Those things incubate in our pines. Is DEET really that bad for you?

permathone.??
    permethrin.??

something like that. spray the piss out of your ankles. wear pants tucked into your socks or drawstrings around the bottom like good lod BDUs.

i got lime's too. it ain't fun. if you get bit, check that spot to make sure the telltale rash hasn't started and you should be OK.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I hear it's really bad in Ga. I don't have to much of a problem around here. I try to check very closely as soon as I get a chance.

i would use the permethrin stuff and deet and anything else i could. ihave had rocky mnt tick fever 4 times and it is no joke.i cant imagine lime tick.be careful!!!!!!!

Spray all your garments (WET)with PERMETHRIN a day or two before the season, let them dry and you are "Good To Go" for 10 days to 2 weeks! I spray my boots as I leave the truck.
    Warning: "DO NOT APPLY PERMETHRIN TO SKIN" [img]graemlins/10_9_132.gif[/img]
    I also put 1 Dog flea/Tick collar around each ankle, outside the sox and above the boot! Don't forget to stretch it first......I forgot one time in the dark, half asleep and one was dug in 1/4" above the collar when I got home! Don't let the WHITE show...it could be fatal in the turkey woods!
    Warning: "DO NOT LET COLLAR TOUCH YOUR SKIN" [img]graemlins/10_9_132.gif[/img]

Crossed trails with a Capt. From Fort Campbell KY. in LBL one day and we were talking about tick proofing and he said the ARMY made it against the rules to use tick collars cause some dummies [img]graemlins/bash.gif[/img]
    were putting it against their ankles and they were still trying to get over it! [img]graemlins/bambulance.gif[/img]
    Keep some cloth between you and the collar!!! I spray deet on my hands and rub my face and ears just to feed the West – Nilers! Also had to spray deet in an area last year in Newberry Co. before I could sit down…. The west Nilers were so thick in that spot in that little swamp I could not have breathed even with a face mask! Thank GOD Turks can’t smell!

NEED HELP on this process!!!! That same Capt. told me some of his troops started taking GarleQue (SP) pills a few days before and while they were on maneuvers and they thought it was working. This happened in LBL TN about 1996. Hey Moatsy, 2th Dr, Fish any one who might have some knowledge of meds or chems and this pill please share. I ain’t gona go around stinking like garlic [img]graemlins/yuck.gif[/img]
    just to debug (no-pun intended ) and fine tune this process! HELP OUT…Please!
    What I would like to know is how many pills can you take per day before you start stinking like Garlic, and would I get a buildup over 45 days that would make me stink for 2 weeks after I stop taking it? Also, would it be better as 1 per meal if 2 or 3 / day was OK? Then I'll run my own test on ticks and west nilers.
    Thank you for your support!
    Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

I called my partner who had lime to ask him if he was up to go this season..." hell yes..just get me a full body suit & a snorkel & I'm there "