Thread: Lamborghini unveils $4 million supercar

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Lamborghini unveils $4 million supercar

Lamborghini unveils $4 million supercar

Never one to let rivals like McLaren and Ferrari have all the fun unveiling their $1-million-plus supercars, Lamborghini brought its $3.9-million Veneno to the Geneva Motor Show.

The automaker unveiled the 750-horsepower car Monday to celebrate Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary.

Only three copies of the Veneno will be made — all already sold. Two of the buyers live in the U.S., one of whom happens to own a Lamborghini dealership in Long Island.

So what do these three buyers get for their money?

A street-legal race car that accelerates from zero to 62 mph in 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 220 mph. Like the Aventador on which it’s based, the Veneno has a naturally aspirated 6.5-liter V-12 engine, a seven-speed automated manual transmission and permanent all-wheel drive.

Although the car also shares a carbon-fiber monocoque chassis with the Aventador, all of the carbon fiber body panels are unique to the Veneno. Lamborghini said a key goal of the new body was to maximize the car’s downforce, hence the various splitters, air ducts, diffusers and a large, adjustable rear spoiler.

The car comes with 20-inch wheels in the front and 21-inch wheels at the back. The rims have a carbon fiber ring designed to work like a turbine to provide additional cooling to the carbon-ceramic brakes.

In keeping with Lamborghini’s tradition of naming its cars after fighting bulls, the Veneno is named after a bull known for being among the fastest ever, according to the automaker. The bull gained notoriety in 1914 by fatally wounding a famous bullfighter of the era.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I'll take two please.

Is that the bat car?

I saw one in the big lots parking lot in sumter yesterday

I'll send y'all some pics of it when it comes in
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Looking at it I keep expecting to see Adam West and Burt Ward jump out and KAPOWW, BOOM, SPLAT, KARUNCH poor Cesar Romero.

And yeah, I had to look those old names up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Wonder how it holds it value. Reckon I'll see if I can get a used one in a few years.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

One day. I will. Have a Lambo