Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When did TIPS become REQUIREMENTS?

Quote Originally Posted by TealTapper View Post
    "What the hell is wrong with tea? I swear. "

Nothing...hot tea, that is. Hot tea drinkers know how to tip....
    So Jews and Yankees tip?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If you go out to dinner and order tea, it means you're boring.
    Or, you don't want 3 hots and a cot.

So Jews and Yankees tip?

You remind me...hustling groceries at the Harris Teeter on East Bay while still in high school. Little old lady, after I put up her groceries opened a really fancy change purse packed with silver...pulled a quarter out of the way to get at two dimes for my tip...been thirty years and I'll never forget that.

In my experience with hot tea drinkers in nice restaurants, though, regardless of ethnicity, on the whole these are experienced diners and do show their appreciation...particularly when you're prepared to offer them a choice and bring a just cut slice of lemon. Ask them if they prefer sugar or honey and 20% is almost in the bag...

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Or, you don't want 3 hots and a cot.
    Or you have a driver. Just because you like to get shithoused every so often doesn't ran you drink and drive.

Or you have a driver. Just because you like to get shithoused every so often doesn't ran you drink and drive.
    I don't knock drinking alcohol but what do you drink when you go out to eat other than alcohol?

Nothing. I will not go out at night if I cannot have a proper drink.

"Nothing. I will not go out at night if I cannot have a proper drink."

My kind of diner...

Well, I have read this entire thread and... Damn. As far as tipping goes, 20% for good service, a little more for excellent. 10 % is minimum for sub-par service. Anything below that, and the manager will be speaking with me. As far as the tea issue, well, holy shit. Judging someone by whether they drink sweet tea or pepsi or water!?!?! Unfuckinbelievable.

It's called profiling, and it's easy. Order a mountain dew, a ribeye well done, and and A1 to that. You will be judged.

It's called profiling, and it's easy. Order a mountain dew, a ribeye well done, and and A1 to that. You will be judged.
    And ridiculed. Publicly.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Not judging anyone here, buddyrow... I grew up drinking tea. Sweet on my father's side; Grandmother. Unsweet on my mom's; Nana (she was diabetic). Still wish I could stop by for either on a hot summer day....

But from the perspective of a server...I only judged people by the shoes they were wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    And ridiculed. Publicly.
    Instead of Mt. Dew make it..

and it would be a fine meal.

Making fun of the general public is my release.. Besides this place, I mean have you seen the vodka isle in a sizable likker store?

Diet?

Blasphemer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I just dont know what to say.

Diet sundrop, and half and half tea?

Jesus.

Keeping healthy.

I would drink piss out of an athletes foot infested waccamaw wingtip before I drank diet sundrop.

^

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Keeping healthy.
    I've never seen a skinny person drinking diet coke.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrow View Post
    Well, I have read this entire thread and... Damn. As far as tipping goes, 20% for good service, a little more for excellent. 10 % is minimum for sub-par service. Anything below that, and the manager will be speaking with me. As far as the tea issue, well, holy shit. Judging someone by whether they drink sweet tea or pepsi or water!?!?! Unfuckinbelievable.
    You haven't waited tables have you? I can just about tell you every time what kind of tipper you are from the bullshit you order off the menu. You come riding in on your rascal asking for extra bread and sweet tea and ask me if I can bring you another cup of ranch for your salad...I'm getting fucked like an Asian spa attendant. Order a beer, look me in the eye as i talk to you about the specials and ask me if I am going to the local college....I know you have been in my shoes before. Your getting your drinks refilled first, your food fast, and your check on time after dinner bc I know your tipping me at least 20%. Come in and order a daiquiri...I may or may not even return to your table bc I know how this little game gets played at the end of the night.